|debugged perl scripts immediately exit, breakpoints ignored [message #922317]
||Mon, 24 September 2012 23:32
| Ivo Roper
Registered: March 2010
I used to be able to step through perl code and view variables. After moving from Debian 5.0 to Ubuntu 12.04, and reinstalling Eclipse and the PadWalker module several different ways, I have yet to get it working again.|
At this point I'm looking for quick and dirty tips on how to instrument eclipse and/or the EPIC plugin code to figure out what's going on.
Here's further details on the current situation and what I've tried so far:
Expected: press F11 (while editing a perl script) and it starts debugging on the first line of code.
Actual: press F11, the script quits and the Console view displays:
Loading DB routines from perl5db.pl version 1.32
Editor support available.
Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.
Debugged program terminated. Use q to quit or R to restart,
use o inhibit_exit to avoid stopping after program termination,
h q, h R or h o to get additional info.
* Used various versions of perl, including use of perlbrew to manage that
* Reinstalled PadWalker using apt-get and cpan, restarting eclipse each time
* Added PadWalker to various perl paths, including the project path
* Installed Eclipse Helios and Juno
* Renamed system perl during process of elimination (bad idea, won't do again)
* Opened and read Error Log view, include paths do point to PadWalker.pm
* Read workspace/.metadata/.log file, no clues found
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01937 seconds