Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Behaviour Tab missing
Behaviour Tab missing [message #124436] Tue, 26 February 2008 15:33 Go to next message
saran is currently offline saran
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I am using eclipse 3.2.2 with TPTP Test 4.2.3 and successfully imported a
J Unit Test into TPTP J Unit Test using the steps below.

File > Import > JUnit tests to TPTP.
Click Next to display the JUnit Tests selection dialog.
Navigate to the required files and then click on Finish.
The outcome of a successful import operation will be a TPTP JUnit Test
File associated with the imported package or class

After the import, I am seeing only the following tabs in the Test Suite.
OverView and TestCases not the "Behaviour" Tab as I see in a normal TPTP J
UnitTest.

Did I missing any thing ? Please let me know.

Thanks
Saran
Re: Behaviour Tab missing [message #124563 is a reply to message #124436] Wed, 27 February 2008 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Open the overview tab and deselect 'Implement Test Behaviour as code'. This
option is selected after an import so the original JUnit test code is not
modified.

"Saran" <saravanan.subramanian@cmegroup.com> wrote in message
news:07761548a87f90d6417adae36dc9d6cf$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> I am using eclipse 3.2.2 with TPTP Test 4.2.3 and successfully imported a
> J Unit Test into TPTP J Unit Test using the steps below.
>
> File > Import > JUnit tests to TPTP. Click Next to display the JUnit Tests
> selection dialog. Navigate to the required files and then click on Finish.
> The outcome of a successful import operation will be a TPTP JUnit Test
> File associated with the imported package or class
>
> After the import, I am seeing only the following tabs in the Test Suite.
> OverView and TestCases not the "Behaviour" Tab as I see in a normal TPTP J
> UnitTest.
>
> Did I missing any thing ? Please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Saran
>
Re: Behaviour Tab missing [message #124779 is a reply to message #124563] Thu, 28 February 2008 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saran is currently offline saran
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi ,

I am dont see the option you mentioned. In the overview tab, I am seeing
only the following .

General Information
Test Objective - a drop down
Test Cases
Data Pool.

Am I missing any thing, because I have to see the behaviour tab so that I
can change the execution order of the test cases.

Thanks
Saran
Re: Behaviour Tab missing [message #124803 is a reply to message #124779] Fri, 29 February 2008 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
It appears that your installation is not complete. The editor you are
seeing is a general editor, not the JUnit editor. Are there any errors in
the .log file?

PS
"Saran" <saravanan.subramanian@cmegroup.com> wrote in message
news:e4baba35460fd3d6c107b873d0231452$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi ,
>
> I am dont see the option you mentioned. In the overview tab, I am seeing
> only the following .
>
> General Information
> Test Objective - a drop down
> Test Cases Data Pool.
>
> Am I missing any thing, because I have to see the behaviour tab so that I
> can change the execution order of the test cases.
>
> Thanks
> Saran
>
Re: Behaviour Tab missing [message #124816 is a reply to message #124803] Fri, 29 February 2008 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
If there are not errors, can you provide a listing of the installed
plug-ins?

PS
"Paul Slauenwhite" <paules@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:fq8tbo$o04$1@build.eclipse.org...
> It appears that your installation is not complete. The editor you are
> seeing is a general editor, not the JUnit editor. Are there any errors in
> the .log file?
>
> PS
> "Saran" <saravanan.subramanian@cmegroup.com> wrote in message
> news:e4baba35460fd3d6c107b873d0231452$1@www.eclipse.org...
>> Hi ,
>>
>> I am dont see the option you mentioned. In the overview tab, I am seeing
>> only the following .
>>
>> General Information
>> Test Objective - a drop down
>> Test Cases Data Pool.
>>
>> Am I missing any thing, because I have to see the behaviour tab so that I
>> can change the execution order of the test cases.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Saran
>>
>
>
Re: Behaviour Tab missing [message #124911 is a reply to message #124816] Fri, 29 February 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saran is currently offline saran
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your input, After I switched back to the J Unit Test Definition
Editor as my default editor then I am able to see the behaviour tab as per
your input in the earlier email.

But after changing the testsuite to execute only one method(loop and
execution) using the behaviour tab , I dont see the code necessary for the
above or the TPTP Junit code is incorporated into the J Unit Test.

The J unit Test is not modified at all even after converting it into TPTP
J Unit Test.

Other than Importing the J unit into TPTP J Unit, Do I have to do any
thing in addition for the conversion to work proper please let me know .

Thanks
Saran
Re: Behaviour Tab missing [message #125090 is a reply to message #124911] Mon, 03 March 2008 11:39 Go to previous message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
When the JUnit test suite is saved after changing the behaviour, the code
generator will modify your JUnit test code. A code change preview dialog is
always shown. It sounds like have done all of the steps, but might be
working a bad installation. Can you download and try the latest release of
TPTP:

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/downloads/

PS
"Saran" <saravanan.subramanian@cmegroup.com> wrote in message
news:421459638389e61453388fc9116fef95$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your input, After I switched back to the J Unit Test Definition
> Editor as my default editor then I am able to see the behaviour tab as per
> your input in the earlier email.
>
> But after changing the testsuite to execute only one method(loop and
> execution) using the behaviour tab , I dont see the code necessary for the
> above or the TPTP Junit code is incorporated into the J Unit Test.
>
> The J unit Test is not modified at all even after converting it into TPTP
> J Unit Test.
>
> Other than Importing the J unit into TPTP J Unit, Do I have to do any
> thing in addition for the conversion to work proper please let me know .
>
> Thanks
> Saran
>
>
>
Previous Topic:Information about tptp
Next Topic:Is timeline preserved within TPTPs?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 16 01:00:39 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01960 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software