Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » The problem about OSGI
The problem about OSGI [message #917432] Thu, 20 September 2012 04:44 Go to next message
yin Lu is currently offline yin LuFriend
what's the different between birt-runtime-4_2_0.zip and birt-runtime-osgi-4_2_0.zip?I want to install birt into my web application,so which should i download? birt-runtime-4_2_0.zip or birt-runtime-osgi-4_2_0.zip?
Re: The problem about OSGI [message #917948 is a reply to message #917432] Thu, 20 September 2012 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

The OSGi runtime package deploys the runtime as an OSGi framework. This requires setting a BIRT Home and was the original way the BIRT runtime was deployed in web apps. The new runtime does not requires this and is just a set of jars that need to be in the classpath. Either can be used in a Web app, but the new runtime is a bit more simple.

Jason
Re: The problem about OSGI [message #1031140 is a reply to message #917948] Mon, 01 April 2013 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mega deb is currently offline mega debFriend
hello,

if i download birt-runtime-4_2_2.zip then what should be there in the Report Engine folder..
do i need to set BIRT HOME in the coding???

how to check whether the birt runtime has been deployed in the apache tomcat successfully???

Sorry that i have asked so many question at a time....
but i am really confused...

Thank you
Re: The problem about OSGI [message #1032259 is a reply to message #1031140] Tue, 02 April 2013 19:31 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If you're not using the OSGi runtime, you won't need to use the BIRT_HOME setting. If you create an app using the report engine, you just need to copy the jars from reportEngine/lib to your apps build/class path. If you're using the WebViewerExample, you'd simply copy the viewer example folder out to Tomcat, change the name to whatever you'd like, then start the Tomcat server and go to the URL:

http://localhost:8080/birtViewer/

where "birtViewer" is whatever you named the viewer. This would load a page to confirm that the viewer was successfully deployed.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Reports are failing while closing DataFileReader
Next Topic:How to generate multiple reports?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:18:59 GMT 2024