Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Still having an issue with the console output(Output with CDT not working.)
Still having an issue with the console output [message #916596] Wed, 19 September 2012 08:00 Go to next message
Steven Wirth is currently offline Steven WirthFriend
I am currently using 64bit Eclipse Juno with the newest version of CDT and MinGW. I have looked at a few other threads of people having this same problem where the console doesn't really display anything. I have a very simple program that I'm trying to get to work:
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
	int temp;

printf("enter a number: ");

scanf("%d", &temp);

printf("%d", temp);

return 0;
}

It says that the program is running after I hit run but it just sits there and doesn't print the initial "Enter a number: " but if I manually click on the console and put in a number it concludes the program successfully and shows me the output. I've already tried adding my MinGW\bin directory to both the PATH in windows and the individual project and I've also tried adding the "-static-libgcc" entry to the linker options as was suggested on another thread. Any ideas?
Re: Still having an issue with the console output [message #916713 is a reply to message #916596] Wed, 19 September 2012 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joost Kraaijeveld is currently offline Joost KraaijeveldFriend
Did you have a look at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#Eclipse_console_does_not_show_output_on_Windows

?

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

Cheers,

Joost
Re: Still having an issue with the console output [message #916976 is a reply to message #916713] Wed, 19 September 2012 17:44 Go to previous message
Steven Wirth is currently offline Steven WirthFriend
Thanks that does seem to work. I was just hoping for a more permanent work around. Upon reading the comments under the bug entry that you linked though it doesn't seem like it is possible at the moment. Thanks again!
Previous Topic:Compiling patched code; Point cloud library (PCL)
Next Topic:Config complicated options in CDT Manage Build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:14:38 GMT 2024