Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristics InputDataItem
MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristics InputDataItem [message #916104] Tue, 18 September 2012 14:35 Go to next message
Andre Pietsch is currently offline Andre PietschFriend
Hi,

last time it went extraordinary well. I hope so for this time as well. Smile

I use the current version of the BPMN2 Editor (0.0.1.201209171624). My Problem is that I can't set an "Input Data Item" in the "Multi-Instance Loop Characteristic" area of a sub-process that I have put into a process.

I can set the Loop Data Input. And as far as I understood from the BPMN spec the inputDataItem has to be contained by the MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristic element. So adding a property to the "Activity" (in this case SubProcess) and using it via the dropdown does not work and does not fit the model. There has to be an exclusivly contained inputDataItem:Property. So...

Is there a posibility to change that? Cause I kind of need Looping-SubProcesses...

Kind regards

Andre

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2012 14:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristics InputDataItem [message #916796 is a reply to message #916104] Wed, 19 September 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Sure thing. If it's broken, it will be fixed Smile
Please create a bugzilla report so we can track this here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=BPMN2Modeler
Re: MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristics InputDataItem [message #916843 is a reply to message #916796] Wed, 19 September 2012 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andre Pietsch is currently offline Andre PietschFriend
AHHHHHH sorry... Had an old version of the BPMN 2.0 spec.

The inputDataItem is of type DataInput and has to be added to the SubProcess. Then it can be selected from the "Input Data Item" dropdown of the "Multi-Instance Loop Characteristic" area of a sub process.

BUT:

I can add a DataInput element to the sub process and can select it in the dropdown directly after that. When I click on another element and back on the sub process the selection is empty and there are no elements in the dropdown. If I look at the xml source everything is in place and looks correct.

I will report that as a bug...

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2012 14:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristics InputDataItem [message #925336 is a reply to message #916843] Thu, 27 September 2012 16:18 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Andre,

This should be fixed now. Can you please re-test with the latest build?

Thanks!
Bob
Previous Topic:Resizing of tasks not preserved on save
Next Topic:Release Review documentation for version 0.1.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 21 10:10:12 GMT 2014