Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation
Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #122255] Wed, 06 February 2008 03:56 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gopi_tptp.yahoo.com

Hi,
i am trying to launch a test case from commandline by using the java
program.
i am using the following code
// Create the Java adapter associated with the specified Eclipse home
AutomationClientAdapter automation = new AutomationClientAdapter
("d:\\development\\eclipse");

// Create and configure a properties object
Properties properties = new Properties();
properties.setProperty("workspace", "D:\\development\\workspace");
properties.setProperty("project", "tests");
properties.setProperty("suite", "unit-tests/testA.testsuite");

// Execute the service named below using the configured properties
automation.execute("org.eclipse.hyades.test.tools.core.execute ",
properties);

i want to set the workspace location in the above code.
i want to know that, is there any property to set or own workspace
location.

Thnaks,
gopi.
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #122279 is a reply to message #122255] Wed, 06 February 2008 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi gopi,
I am not sure I understand your question since you already set teh
workspace location. If you want to set a deployment to be used, you can set
the deployment property to teh absolute path of your *.deployment file. See
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/topic/org.eclipse.hyades.test .doc.user/ref/rsupported-test-execution-service-properties.h tm.

Paul
"gopi" <gopi_tptp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b8aec8273add9751c2112c0594802de6$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
> i am trying to launch a test case from commandline by using the java
> program.
> i am using the following code
> // Create the Java adapter associated with the specified Eclipse home
> AutomationClientAdapter automation = new AutomationClientAdapter
> ("d:\\development\\eclipse");
> // Create and configure a properties object
> Properties properties = new Properties();
> properties.setProperty("workspace", "D:\\development\\workspace");
> properties.setProperty("project", "tests");
> properties.setProperty("suite", "unit-tests/testA.testsuite");
>
> // Execute the service named below using the configured properties
> automation.execute("org.eclipse.hyades.test.tools.core.execute ",
> properties);
>
> i want to set the workspace location in the above code.
> i want to know that, is there any property to set or own workspace
> location.
>
> Thnaks,
> gopi.
>
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #122351 is a reply to message #122279] Thu, 07 February 2008 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gopi_tptp.yahoo.com

hi,
Actual i had set the workspace lovcation as
${workspace_loc}/TestContainer/TPTPlogs in tptp gui, so that all of my
stuff goes in to the TPTPlogs Folder when iam running the testcases from
gui.


when iam running the test cases from command line by using java program,
a folder with random name TPTP-43434....... folder is creted instead of
creating TPTPlogs folder.

i hope that my problem is clear.

thanks,
gopi
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #122373 is a reply to message #122351] Thu, 07 February 2008 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Gopi,
You can set the 'results' property on your Automation Client Adapter to
the file where the (see
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. hyades.test.doc.user/ref/rsupported-test-execution-service-p roperties.htm).
However, there is a defect with this property:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=218157

You can set the 'deployment' property to point to your *.deployment file
used in the UI or the 'configuration' proeprty to point to the *.lauch file
created when running in the UI.

Paul
"gopi" <gopi_tptp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7ad6477e473fdef93b326f8fb7daadad$1@www.eclipse.org...
> hi,
> Actual i had set the workspace lovcation as
> ${workspace_loc}/TestContainer/TPTPlogs in tptp gui, so that all of my
> stuff goes in to the TPTPlogs Folder when iam running the testcases from
> gui.
>
>
> when iam running the test cases from command line by using java program,
> a folder with random name TPTP-43434....... folder is creted instead of
> creating TPTPlogs folder.
>
> i hope that my problem is clear.
>
> thanks,
> gopi
>
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #122495 is a reply to message #122373] Fri, 08 February 2008 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gopi_tptp.yahoo.com

hi,
i have used the property results, but the command line invocation is
creating the folder TPTP-Auto-Workspace-1202453723288 instead of TPTPlogs.
i have mentioned results as shown below

properties.setProperty("results","C:\\TPTP\\eclipse\\gopi\\TestContainer\\TPTPlogs ");


thanks
gopi.
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #123039 is a reply to message #122495] Tue, 12 February 2008 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gopi_tptp.yahoo.com

gopi wrote:

> hi,
> i have used the property results, but the command line invocation is
> creating the folder TPTP-Auto-Workspace-1202453723288 instead of TPTPlogs.
> i have mentioned results as shown below

>
properties.setProperty("results","C:\TPTP\eclipse\gopi\TestContainer\TPTPlogs ");


> thanks
> gopi.
hi paul,
can u suggest a solution for me to the problem which i had mentioned.

thanks,
gopi
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #123599 is a reply to message #122373] Thu, 21 February 2008 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: gopi_tptp.yahoo.com

hi
i didn't understand the *.launch property
can u please give me information about *.launch property

thanks,
gopi
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #123919 is a reply to message #123599] Mon, 25 February 2008 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
As mentioned in the documentation, you can create a .launch file in Eclipse
by saving your launch configuration and reference that .launch file from
your automation script.

PS
"Gopi" <gopi_tptp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:631b82ea624f1e322dced21484f0d1f4$1@www.eclipse.org...
> hi
> i didn't understand the *.launch property
> can u please give me information about *.launch property
>
> thanks,
> gopi
>
>
Re: Setting Workspace location property in commandline invocation [message #123932 is a reply to message #122495] Mon, 25 February 2008 06:54 Go to previous message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
As mentioned in the documentation, the results property points to an
..execution file, which you are missing:

results (absolute, relative or project-relative, optional, default is
dependent on test type but usually in the project root, examples are
"d:\tests\results\test.execution" and "results/test.execution")

PS
"gopi" <gopi_tptp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:de21c5e2c4241c1627c1d8d77866e6b9$1@www.eclipse.org...
> hi,
> i have used the property results, but the command line invocation is
> creating the folder TPTP-Auto-Workspace-1202453723288 instead of TPTPlogs.
> i have mentioned results as shown below
>
> properties.setProperty("results","C:\\TPTP\\eclipse\\gopi\\TestContainer\\TPTPlogs ");
>
>
> thanks gopi.
>
Previous Topic:Agent Controller 4.4.0 for Solaris
Next Topic:Question on automated GUI recorder
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 02 00:24:44 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05168 seconds