Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot configure Google Cloud SQL
Cannot configure Google Cloud SQL [message #912551] Thu, 13 September 2012 18:56 Go to next message
Lance Cash is currently offline Lance CashFriend
Ok, I am trying to use the GAE plugin with Eclipse and I'm having issues using the local DB features. I'm following the tutorials from the Google site for this stuff, but I can't get past this problem. If I select the 'Enable Google Cloud SQL' check box and try to configure the 'Google Cloud SQL Instance' then I enter values an click 'OK', but nothing happens when doing so. The dialog just sits there. So then I download MySQL, created a local DB and added a MySQL server instead, AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS. See screenshot:

index.php/fa/11485/0/

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I am on the Juno release, by the way.

Thanks. Lance.
  • Attachment: dialog.jpg
    (Size: 37.85KB, Downloaded 1224 times)
Re: Cannot configure Google Cloud SQL [message #936247 is a reply to message #912551] Sun, 07 October 2012 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isaac Lee Morris is currently offline Isaac Lee MorrisFriend
I am having this exact same issue, running GAE plugin on Eclipse Juno. I see this behavior when I try to configure Google Cloud SQL instance for local development server.

index.php/fa/11768/0/

Appears to be a bug in the Google plugin code, reported the issue.
Re: Cannot configure Google Cloud SQL [message #989055 is a reply to message #936247] Tue, 04 December 2012 13:13 Go to previous message
Rasmus Vernhamn is currently offline Rasmus VernhamnFriend
In case you didn't solve your problem here's the/a solution:
Install the "Eclipse Data Tools Platform (DTP) plugin" which can be found in the software repository for your Eclipse version.

In the Google documentation it says that the plugin/platform is required to use the Cloud SQL with Eclipse, which is why i managed to solve this problem. It is really stupid that there is no error whatsoever when actually entering the data.

Hope it helped!
Previous Topic:Where can i ask for help about swt-gtk
Next Topic:Class URI for Handlers in Eclipse e4 RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:29:04 GMT 2024