Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » Adding jar files to an old JSF project(Problems getting the jar files recognized)
Adding jar files to an old JSF project [message #912512] Thu, 13 September 2012 17:33 Go to next message
Christopher Sharp is currently offline Christopher SharpFriend
I've just joined this forum and this is my first posting.

For the first time in 4 years I'm trying to resurrect an old JSF project. It was created without an IDE using a console in Linux. I've since installed Eclipse Indigo release 2, which I'm using on a Windows Vista computer, and works correctly with simple Java projects.

I'm now trying to get this old JSF project working with Eclipse before I change it, but I'm having problems with some jar files. The old code imported the class org.apache.myfaces.custom.fileupload.UploadedFile. The associated jar file is commons-fileupload-1.1.jar. There are three other jar files that may be required, but after 4 years I can't remember. They are commons-el.1.0.jar, commons-io.1.2.jar and commons-logging-1.1.1.jar.

I copied the first file to WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/ then configured the build path to include it, but the class using UploadedFile does not recognize it. I did the same with the other three files, but that is still the case. What has to be done to get UploadedFile working?

The three other classes in the project do not use UploadedFile, and look OK so far. Incidentally, the old project used JSF 1.2, but I'm now using JSF 2.0, and wonder if that may be part of the problem.

Advice and help would be most appreciated.

csharp
Re: Adding jar files to an old JSF project [message #912552 is a reply to message #912512] Thu, 13 September 2012 18:57 Go to previous message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
Since you're posting in this forum, I'll assume you are using WTP and therefore JSF Tools.

Did you create a Dynamic Web Project and then copy your source into it? This way, you get the web and jsf facets that enable functionality suitable for this type of project.

I would expect libs copied to ...WEB-INF/lib to get picked up by the web app classpath container, so not sure that any extra step is required to get those libs on the build path. Is there any error log output or are there problem markers that might give clues as to what, exactly, is failing?

Thanks,
- Ian
Previous Topic:Problems with editing JSF pages on Juno
Next Topic:JPA JAVACHANGE EVENT HANDLER starts executing automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:07:01 GMT 2024