Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » duplicated spring bundles
duplicated spring bundles [message #911737] Wed, 12 September 2012 08:06 Go to next message
jacob hameiri is currently offline jacob hameiriFriend
I am using virgo 3.0.1 and I am having problems with Uses violation, it happens because virgo starts 2 identical spring bundles.
One in lib/kernel:
Bundle Location 	file:lib/kernel/org.springframework.asm-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

And the other in repository/ext:
Bundle Location 	org.eclipse.virgo.region.user@file:/C:/virgo-web-server/repository/ext/org.springframework.asm-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar.

If I try to remove on of the bundles virgo doesnt start.

Why does virgo need these duplicated bundles ?
Re: duplicated spring bundles [message #911992 is a reply to message #911737] Wed, 12 September 2012 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

This is a trade off between duplication and performance. The lib directory contains the bundles that Virgo needs to start, Equinox can just launch all the bundles in the folder quickly without worrying about repository indexing, deployer pipelines and so on. If we don't use the lib directory approach then starting Virgo gets slower.

Hope that explains it, it would be nice to get the performance without duplicating bundles but we couldn't figure out how to do so when designing that part of the system

Chris

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: duplicated spring bundles [message #912003 is a reply to message #911992] Wed, 12 September 2012 19:05 Go to previous message
jacob hameiri is currently offline jacob hameiriFriend
but this duplication is causing me conflicts, how can I tell a bundle ( not one of mine rather a third party ) which of the duplicated bundles to use ?
Previous Topic:Import packages in spring dependant bundle question
Next Topic:default web.xml in virgo 3.5.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:28:26 GMT 2024