Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGL Development Tools » Bad Major Version(Error tryng to call rpg service program on iSeries)
Bad Major Version [message #911205] Tue, 11 September 2012 07:26 Go to next message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
Messages: 62
Registered: December 2011
Location: Seattle
Member
I'm getting the following error when trying to call an RPG service on my iSeries:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=server/CallRpgService, offset=6 (unable to load class server.CallRpgService)

The call works from the workbench and when running on an external browser with local host. However, when I deploy the war file to my iSeries running Tomcat 6.03, I get the error.

I've set the work bench property for Java compiler to 1.7, 1.6 and 1.5 and re built everything without any affect. I'm running and external version of Apache Tomcat 6.03 on my iSeries. But, I'm assuming this is not the problem at this point.

on the iseries I have:

5761JV1 *COMPATIBLE IBM Developer Kit for Java
5761JV1 *COMPATIBLE J2SE 5.0 32 bit
5761JV1 *COMPATIBLE J2SE 5.0 64 bit
5761JV1 *COMPATIBLE Java SE 6 32 bit
5761JV1 *COMPATIBLE Java SE 6 64 bit

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the proper settings.

Thanks for any help.

Bob
Re: Bad Major Version [message #911398 is a reply to message #911205] Tue, 11 September 2012 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trond Einar Nilsen is currently offline Trond Einar NilsenFriend
Messages: 33
Registered: December 2011
Member
Hi Bob,
I had the exact same problem as you. What solved the problem for me was to select jre6 in "prefernces/installed JREs" and to set the "project Facets" to Java 1.6 (on the target project). I also played around with some other setings, but I think this is what finally made it work in my iSeries.
Rgds Trond
Re: Bad Major Version [message #911476 is a reply to message #911205] Tue, 11 September 2012 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Darnell is currently offline Dan DarnellFriend
Messages: 145
Registered: November 2011
Location: Arkansas
Senior Member
The default for projects in the IDE is 1.6 (see http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/370498/)... and this is the lowest version you can use now.

It sounds to me like your Tomcat environment on the IBM i is not configured for 1.6.

--Dan

Re: Bad Major Version [message #911548 is a reply to message #911476] Tue, 11 September 2012 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
Messages: 62
Registered: December 2011
Location: Seattle
Member
Okay, I've now got this working on my iSeries thanks to everyone's help. Only I still have problem. the response time is about twenty seconds. On the workbench and using a local server my response time is immediate. What may be causing the slow response on my iSeries?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2012 21:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bad Major Version [message #911583 is a reply to message #911548] Tue, 11 September 2012 22:52 Go to previous message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
Messages: 62
Registered: December 2011
Location: Seattle
Member
I'd forgotten about the DNS issue impacting response time that I ran into before. I appears that this has caught me again. I changed the resource binding for the call to use "localhost" rather than the www.domainname and that seemed to resolve the issue on the iSeries. I appears that I may need to have multiple deployment descriptors for the various platforms. Hopefully I'm off and running again.

Thanks to all that gave me some help here.
Previous Topic:Fun with EDT
Next Topic:Null Pointer Exception
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 04:53:47 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06206 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software