Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » No cursor arrow in debug perspective
No cursor arrow in debug perspective [message #910618] Mon, 10 September 2012 05:32 Go to next message
Eric Sender is currently offline Eric SenderFriend
The title says it all, but just in case, see this image too:

http ://i50.tinypic.com/k2jymt.jpg

***NOTE: Since I have <25 messages, I can't put the link in there fully. Please rid the white spaces to view the link. Thanks! (If a moderator wants to fix this and add [ img ] tags, please do so Smile ***

As you can see in that image, the debugger is stopped (it is stopped at the break point) and the variable are set: $config, $yii, etc.

But, I don't see an arrow on the left hand side of the editor window. How come it disappeared? How do I get it back?

I am using a complete fresh install of Eclipse:

Eclipse IDE for JavaScript Web Developers.

Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

With the Yiiclipse added (which includes the PDT too).

All I have set up was a workspace linked to my virtual server's files and set the PHP Debug to XDebug and all the necessary setting to get Eclipse to talk to Xdebug. I have a mirror set up of this on my CentOS VirtualBox, but I greatly prefer to do my development on the windows machine and just use my VirtualBox as a server, not development.

Having said that, the Linux Eclipse does in fact show the arrow...

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2012 05:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No cursor arrow in debug perspective [message #911567 is a reply to message #910618] Tue, 11 September 2012 21:54 Go to previous message
Eric Sender is currently offline Eric SenderFriend
Ah I figured it out! It has to do with how you import your workspace. I was doing an import via virtual linking and using PARENT_LOC as the parent directory. I took off that stuff and now it works.
Previous Topic:Unable to switch back to default Eclipse editor
Next Topic:Running PHP file give me "This program cannot display the webpage"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:37:25 GMT 2024