Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Error displaying Histogram
Error displaying Histogram [message #910048] Sat, 08 September 2012 13:32
John C is currently offline John CFriend
Using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, with openjdk 1.6.0_24, clicking on the Histogram icon in MAT, shows no objects in the list, but does show the total line. This happens in both Standalone MAT and Eclipse plugin.

In standalone, console shows the following:

** (Eclipse Memory Analyzer:9617): CRITICAL **: atk_object_ref_state_set: assertion `ATK_IS_OBJECT (accessible)' failed

The Dominator Tree displays fine, with no errors in the console.

I've tried downgrading openjdk to previous versions, with no luck. I think that libatk-wrapper-java is involved, but I've found little info about what it does other than it's for accessbility.

I've also tried using Sun/Oracle JDK 1.6 and using previous versions of MAT, all result in the same error.

I do not suspect MAT is the problem (I think it's the JDK or some supporting package), but MAT is the only app that I know of which causes this error for me.

Anyone see this before?

** Update: I suspected Unity was causing this issue and I was right. I removed the unity package and all dependents (sudo apt-get remove unity), then re-installed the unity package with its dependents (sudo apt-get install unity). Three packages, unity-2d, unity-2d-shell, and unity-2d-spread were there previously but not reinstalled. I restarted Standalone MAT and I was able to see the histogram.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 September 2012 17:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to open previous results of analyze?
Next Topic:Any way of connecting a MAT standalone client to a remote MAT headless instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:50:48 GMT 2024