Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EVL] "Decorator refresh failure" error
[EVL] "Decorator refresh failure" error [message #909247] Thu, 06 September 2012 20:04 Go to next message
Rui Carlos  Gonçalves is currently offline Rui Carlos GonçalvesFriend

I used EVL to create to specify metamodel constraints to validate models created using a GMF editor.

When I try to validate a model, I often get the error "Decorator refresh failure". It happens often when I have a large model, but even with small models, sometimes I also get this error.
The model is validated correctly, but when I get this error, the error/warning markers are not updated (I have to close and reopen the diagram to update the markers).

Any idea of what may be causing this error?

Thanks in advance.
Re: [EVL] "Decorator refresh failure" error [message #909577 is a reply to message #909247] Fri, 07 September 2012 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

From your information, I'm not sure if that would be a GMF bug, an EMF bug, an Epsilon bug or an issue on your model or your setup Sad.

Which version of Epsilon and Eclipse are you using? Do you have a backtrace of the exception? You should be able to get it from the Error Log view.

A minimal example that helps us reproduce your problem would be also great:

http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: [EVL] "Decorator refresh failure" error [message #909837 is a reply to message #909577] Fri, 07 September 2012 22:15 Go to previous message
Rui Carlos  Gonçalves is currently offline Rui Carlos GonçalvesFriend

I'm using Eclipse 3.6.2, and Epsilon 0.9.1.

I remember the error is a NullPointerException in method refreshDecorators(String viewId, Diagram diagram), from class *.diagram.providers.*ValidationDecoratorProvider (from the .diagram project generated automatically by GMF).

Unfortunately I didn't save the error log, and I'm unable to reproduce the error now... (It's weird, as I had have this problem dozen of times before.)
When I get the error again, I'll put the log here.
Previous Topic:[announcement] Call for User Stories
Next Topic:hutn file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:21:53 GMT 2024