Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Extending KDM Model
Extending KDM Model [message #907348] Mon, 03 September 2012 20:25 Go to next message
Rafael Durelli is currently offline Rafael DurelliFriend
Hello guys I'd like to know if someone cold help me. My problem is the following: I need to extending the KDM, I mean to create a profile. I know that it is possible in the KDM just by extending the ExtendedValue and creating some TagDefinition. However, I don't know how to do that in the MoDisco. Has someone the doubt ?

Please if you know how to extend the KDM please let me know, I'll be so grateful.

Thanks Guys.
Re: Extending KDM Model [message #908147 is a reply to message #907348] Tue, 04 September 2012 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please, could someone helps me?
Re: Extending KDM Model [message #908150 is a reply to message #907348] Tue, 04 September 2012 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please, could someone give some advices?

Thanks.
Re: Extending KDM Model [message #910816 is a reply to message #907348] Mon, 10 September 2012 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Hello Raphael,

looking at the OMF KDM specfication, here is the way i would extend and use KDM metamodel :

- create some model which conforms to kdm metamodel ("http://www.eclipse.org/MoDisco/kdm/kdm" uri) with the "sample ecore reflective model editor"
- in the model, create the Stereotype instances, then the TagDefinition instances (profile definition)
- in another model which will use the extension, i would reference both kdm metamodel and the "profile kdm model" created. Then i can attach the created "Stereotype" instance to any element ("stereotype" link). And then i can attach some new "TaggedValue" or "TaggedRef" instances to the element. "TaggedValue" or "TaggedRef" instances will be attached to the existing "TagDefinition" instance.

I hope that will help you.
Fabien.

----------------------------------------------------
Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
Re: Extending KDM Model [message #910832 is a reply to message #910816] Mon, 10 September 2012 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Fabien Giquel, thank you, I was trying to create an EMF project making what you have suggested but I didn't have success. I have made the following: File--> New --> Other--> Eclipse Modeling Framework --> EMF Project, thus, I gave a name to the project in the wizard model import I picked out Ecore Model, afterwards I fill the textfield model URI with ""http://www.eclipse.org/MoDisco/kdm/kdm" and I clicked in Load. In the textfield "Generator model file name" shows kdm.genmodel. However, the wizard don't let me go ahead.

Do you know why? Please help me, thanks Fabien Giquel
Re: Extending KDM Model [message #911225 is a reply to message #910832] Tue, 11 September 2012 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
You do not have to create an EMF Project. My idea was about having some empty initialized myKdmModel.xmi file that you edit with "Sample Ecore Reflective Editor". But I see it is not so simple. The problem is that MoDisco does not provide the emf "kdm.editor" component (see EMF tutorials)

So one way is to initialize the myKdmModel.xmi from some Java program which would create and fill some org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource instance, with instances conforming to "http://www.eclipse.org/MoDisco/kdm/kdm".

Regards,
Fabien.

Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
Re: Extending KDM Model [message #911359 is a reply to message #911225] Tue, 11 September 2012 12:49 Go to previous message
Hello Fabien, how are you?

I was looking for at the internet and I found out a tutorial, which teach how to extend EMF model. Thus, whether someone is having the same problem please send me an private message... I tried to put the link inhere but I couldn't.

I think that in such tutorial the guy is explaining the same thing that Fabien told me...

Best Regards.
Previous Topic:Do I need a new discoverer to pull out a metamodel described in xml
Next Topic:Junit Model discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:01:50 GMT 2024