Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » No binary files and errors when launched
No binary files and errors when launched [message #906845] Sun, 02 September 2012 18:59 Go to next message
Darryl Griffiths is currently offline Darryl Griffiths
I'm trying to launch a "hello-world" C++ project on my Mac (Lion).

I created an executable "hello-world" with the Toolchains "Cross GCC" selected, build the project which created a "debug" folder but no binary folder like examples I have seen on you tube. When I launch the test.cpp I get this message:

"Launch test debug has encountered a problem"

"Error starting process"

Error starting process.
Exec_tty error:Cannot run program "/Users/dazgti/Documents/CPP/test/src/test.cpp": Unknown reason
Exec_tty error:Cannot run program "/Users/dazgti/Documents/CPP/test/src/test.cpp": Unknown reason

I have downloaded Xcode for the mac and made sure I got all the necessary tools unless I am missing something.

I have attached a picture

Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #907031 is a reply to message #906845] Mon, 03 September 2012 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel Mueller
You have chosen the wrong toolchain. You need "Mac OSX GCC"

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #907383 is a reply to message #907031] Mon, 03 September 2012 22:14 Go to previous message
Darryl Griffiths is currently offline Darryl Griffiths
Thanks!

All sorted now Smile

I was just wondering how mant times you had to "Build Project" when working with C/C++? Is it just the once or is it recommended when new source/header files are added to the project folder?

Previous Topic:symbols not resolving in eclipse, but resolving on command line
Next Topic:Automate addition of symbols , includes, source filters for new projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 16:22:10 GMT 2014