Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8(Class cast exception occurs)
Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #904882] Wed, 29 August 2012 06:12 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing name
Messages: 94
Registered: November 2009
Member
Hi,
We've had BIRT deployed and running fine in WAS for a while now. However, a recent change meant we had to add xercesImpl.jar to the WEB-INF\lib directory of the webapp. This results in a class cast exception as follows when creating the IReportEngineFactory at startup:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:260)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:183)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:546)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:477)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:465)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:445)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:260)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:183)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:546)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:477)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:465)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:445)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:326)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:370)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1068)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:227)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:337)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime (112).
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:125)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.MultiSourcePackage.loadClass(MultiSourcePackage.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
	... 43 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator for bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime is invalid
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:157)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
	... 53 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPluginDescriptor
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:77)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:75)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:139)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1345)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:152)
	... 58 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.equinox.registry (102).
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:125)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.MultiSourcePackage.loadClass(MultiSourcePackage.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
	... 65 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.registry.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:806)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
	... 75 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration incompatible with org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParserImpl(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.setFeature(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionsParser.parseManifest(ExtensionsParser.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.addContribution(ExtensionRegistry.java:1031)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.addContribution(ExtensionRegistry.java:1009)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.EclipseBundleListener.addBundle(EclipseBundleListener.java:184)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.EclipseBundleListener.processBundles(EclipseBundleListener.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.onStart(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:210)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.<init>(ExtensionRegistry.java:706)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.RegistryFactory.createRegistry(RegistryFactory.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.Activator.startRegistry(Activator.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.Activator.start(Activator.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:254)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774)
	... 80 more


Most of that is just filler, I assume the issue is the xerces clash. Setup:


  • BIRT 2.5.1
  • WAS 8.0.0.1
  • xercesImpl 2.9.1 in my WEB-INF/lib directory
  • org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar in platform/plugins directory


Initially I thought maybe it was a clash between the newly added xerces 2.9.1 and org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar but the jar org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar reports that it is infact 2.9.1 (
$>java -cp org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar org.apache.xerces.impl.Version org.apache.xerces.impl.Version
$>Xerces-J 2.9.1
)

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 06:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #905051 is a reply to message #904882] Wed, 29 August 2012 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Do you have the option of upgrading to BIRT 3.7 or higher? You could
use the POJO viewer or engine and remove the xerces that BIRT is using.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BirtPOJO_Viewer_WebSphere_Deployment

Jason

On 8/29/2012 6:12 AM, Missing name Mising name wrote:
> Hi,
> We've had BIRT depployed and running fine in WAS for a while now.
> However, a recent change meant we had to add xercesImpl.jar to the
> WEB-INF\lib directory of the webapp. This results in a class cast
> exception as follows when creating the IReportEngineFactory at startup.
> The root of the issue see
>
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:260)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:183)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:576)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:546)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:477)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:465)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:445)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:457)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:260)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:183)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:576)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:546)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:477)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:465)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:445)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:457)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:326)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:231)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:150)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:370)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1068)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:248)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:227)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:337)
>
> Caused by:
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException:
> An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
> org.eclipse.core.runtime (112).
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:125)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.MultiSourcePackage.loadClass(MultiSourcePackage.java:31)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:454)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
> ... 43 more
> Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator
> org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator for bundle
> org.eclipse.core.runtime is invalid
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:157)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
>
> ... 53 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPluginDescriptor
> at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
> at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:77)
> at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:75)
> at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:139)
> at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1345)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:152)
>
> ... 58 more
> Caused by:
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException:
> An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
> org.eclipse.equinox.registry (102).
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:125)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:449)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:381)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:33)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.MultiSourcePackage.loadClass(MultiSourcePackage.java:31)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:454)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:612)
> ... 65 more
> Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.Activator.start() of bundle
> org.eclipse.equinox.registry.
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:806)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:408)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
>
> ... 75 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration incompatible
> with org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration
> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParserImpl(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.setFeature(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionsParser.parseManifest(ExtensionsParser.java:400)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.addContribution(ExtensionRegistry.java:1031)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.addContribution(ExtensionRegistry.java:1009)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.EclipseBundleListener.addBundle(EclipseBundleListener.java:184)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.EclipseBundleListener.processBundles(EclipseBundleListener.java:90)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.onStart(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:210)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.<init>(ExtensionRegistry.java:706)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.RegistryFactory.createRegistry(RegistryFactory.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.Activator.startRegistry(Activator.java:135)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.Activator.start(Activator.java:56)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)
>
> at
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:254)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774)
>
> ... 80 more
>
>
> Most of that is just filler, I assume the issue is the xerces clash. Setup:
>
>
>
> WAS 8.0.0.1 xercesImpl 2.9.1 in my WEB-INF/lib directory
> org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar in platform/plugins directory
>
>
> Initially I thought maybe it was a clash between the newly added xerces
> 2.9.1 and org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar but the jar
> org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar reports that it is infact
> 2.9.1 ($>java -cp org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008.jar
> org.apache.xerces.impl.Version org.apache.xerces.impl.Version
> $>Xerces-J 2.9.1
> )
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this?
> thanks
Re: Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #905537 is a reply to message #905051] Thu, 30 August 2012 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing name
Messages: 94
Registered: November 2009
Member
Hey Jason,
There could be a possibility yeah. Ive downloaded 3.7 runtime and seem to have it deployed in tomcat and WAS 8, with the required xercesImpl included in WEB-INF/lib. Lots of extra JARs now in WEB-INF/lib compared to 2.5.x!

One error I do see in both WAS/tomcat is that its complaining about not being able to find a common library that I defined for my reports. It doesnt seems to stop the execution of the reports:

30-Aug-2012 16:23:05 org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule loadLibrarySilently
WARNING: Syntax error found, and see error details.
Error.DesignFileException.SYNTAX_ERROR - 1 errors found! 
1.)  org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.FILE_NOT_FOUND, message : The file "xxx.rptlibrary" is not found.)

	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrary(LayoutModule.java:379)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrarySilently(LayoutModule.java:469)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.IncludedLibrariesStructureListState$IncludedLibraryStructureState.end(IncludedLibrariesStructureListState.java:145)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.util.XMLParserHandler.endElement(XMLParserHandler.java:176)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleReader.java:97)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignReader.read(DesignReader.java:88)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignSessionImpl.openDesign(DesignSessionImpl.java:315)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SessionHandleImpl.openDesign(SessionHandleImpl.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(ReportParser.java:158)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign(ReportEngine.java:310)
	at com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.createDesignProperties(BirtReportManager.java:731)
	at com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.getReportDefinition(BirtReportManager.java:692)
	at com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.addReportDefinitionForFiles(BirtReportManager.java:604)
	at com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.addReportCategoriesForDir(BirtReportManager.java:532)
	at com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.addReportCategoriesForDir(BirtReportManager.java:558)
	at com.fineos.reporting.birt.BIRTReportsProvider.getReports(BIRTReportsProvider.java:99)
	at com.fineos.reporting.servlet.InitialiserServlet.doGet(InitialiserServlet.java:63)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)


Do I need to put the library in a particular place? I thought it was only used while designing the reports?
thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 30 August 2012 12:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #905586 is a reply to message #905537] Thu, 30 August 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

If you are using the viewer make sure you set the resource folder
setting in you web.xml. If you are using the engine api make sure you
set the resource folder using your EngineConfig instance.

Jason

On 8/30/2012 11:28 AM, Missing name Mising name wrote:
> Hey Jason,
> There could be a possibility yeah. Ive downloaded 3.7 runtime and seem
> to have it deployed in tomcat and WAS 8, with the required xercesImpl
> included in WEB-INF/lib. Lots of extra JARs now in WEB-INF/lib compared
> to 2.5.x!
> One error I do see in tomcat is that its complaining about not being
> able to find a common library that I defined for my reports. It doesnt
> seems to stop the execution of the reports:
>
> 30-Aug-2012 16:23:05 org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule
> loadLibrarySilently
> WARNING: Syntax error found, and see error details.
> Error.DesignFileException.SYNTAX_ERROR - 1 errors found! 1.)
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code =
> Error.DesignParserException.FILE_NOT_FOUND, message : The file
> "fineos_common.rptlibrary" is not found.)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrary(LayoutModule.java:379)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrarySilently(LayoutModule.java:469)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.IncludedLibrariesStructureListState$IncludedLibraryStructureState.end(IncludedLibrariesStructureListState.java:145)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.util.XMLParserHandler.endElement(XMLParserHandler.java:176)
>
> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleReader.java:97)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignReader.read(DesignReader.java:88)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignSessionImpl.openDesign(DesignSessionImpl.java:315)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SessionHandleImpl.openDesign(SessionHandleImpl.java:294)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(ReportParser.java:158)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:196)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:130)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign(ReportEngine.java:310)
>
> at
> com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.createDesignProperties(BirtReportManager.java:731)
>
> at
> com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.getReportDefinition(BirtReportManager.java:692)
>
> at
> com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.addReportDefinitionForFiles(BirtReportManager.java:604)
>
> at
> com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.addReportCategoriesForDir(BirtReportManager.java:532)
>
> at
> com.fineos.reporting.birt.BirtReportManager.addReportCategoriesForDir(BirtReportManager.java:558)
>
> at
> com.fineos.reporting.birt.BIRTReportsProvider.getReports(BIRTReportsProvider.java:99)
>
> at
> com.fineos.reporting.servlet.InitialiserServlet.doGet(InitialiserServlet.java:63)
>
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
>
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
>
> Do I need to put the library in a particular place? I thought it was
> only used while designing the reports?
> thanks
Re: Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #905899 is a reply to message #905586] Fri, 31 August 2012 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing name
Messages: 94
Registered: November 2009
Member
Im using the engine API.....is that a relative path thats needed? I assume it must be as I cant know in my code where the user is going to deploy the application.

Im deploying it in a webapp so my resource directory would say be WEB-INF/resources. Ive tried calling

engineConfig.setResourcePath("resources");
engineConfig.setResourcePath("WEB-INF/resources");
engineConfig.setResourcePath("../resources");

None of these work?
Re: Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #906110 is a reply to message #905899] Fri, 31 August 2012 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

setResourcePath takes a full path, so your class that contains the
EngineConfig will need something like the ServletContext. Then you can
set the resource folder like:

config.setResourcePath(sc.getRealPath("/resources"));

Jason

On 8/31/2012 5:28 AM, Missing name Mising name wrote:
> Im using the engine API.....is that a relative path thats needed? I
> assume it must be as I cant know in my code where the user is going to
> deploy the application.
>
> Im deploying it in a webapp so my resource directory would say be
> WEB-INF/resources. Ive tried calling
> engineConfig.setResourcePath("resources");
> engineConfig.setResourcePath("WEB-INF/resources");
> engineConfig.setResourcePath("../resources");
>
> None of these work?
Re: Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #909105 is a reply to message #906110] Thu, 06 September 2012 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing name
Messages: 94
Registered: November 2009
Member
Cheers Jason, what was actually needed was the following:

engineConfig.setResourcePath(servletContext.getRealPath("WEB-INF/resources"));
Re: Xerces issues when deployed to WAS 8 [message #909214 is a reply to message #909105] Thu, 06 September 2012 14:30 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Thanks for updating.

Jason
Previous Topic:BIRT 4.2 - New & Notable missing?
Next Topic:Pagebreak in doc and odt formats
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 29 04:16:32 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01907 seconds