|Re: JPA-RS hooks and/or HATEOAS? [message #905017 is a reply to message #904806]
||Wed, 29 August 2012 15:03
| Tom Ware
Registered: July 2009
We have made our initial relase of JPA-RS and the operations that are currently supported are documented here:
(remove spaces to get the full URL)
You can find some other information here:
One key thing to understand is that this is our initial release and we are quite interested in feedback about what is good about it and what needs to be improved. We intend to steadily improve the support with each release and are quite interested in building a list of what the community would like. This forum is a great place to provide feedback (along with the users mailing list and bugzilla - for bug reports and feature requests).
As far as your specific comments/questions are concerned:
1. Business Logic
- Right now, the hook w
e have added to allow business logic is the ability to call a SessionBean. That functionality is documented in the API document above.
- Although we have not added any specific support for restricting access at this point, it is possible to use a standard Java EE User/Role based system to restrict based on an authenticated user and a URL pattern.
- Any information you can provide about what functionality you would like to see would be interesting.
- Although they are likely not strictly HATEOAS, we do provide a number of ways to get metadata about your application. Take a look at the Metadata Operations section of the API doc
- Here is an example of a JSON object that could be returned by our current implementation. The foreign references are found in the relationships property:
- We are currently working on providing additional options for dealing with foreign references and hope to be able to publish something related to that in the next few weeks.
- Once again, feedback is welcome in that area
[Updated on: Fri, 31 August 2012 14:40] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02224 seconds