|How to Configure back level Java version [message #904600]
||Tue, 28 August 2012 19:48
| Jeffrey Gardner
Registered: August 2012
How do I configure the EGL workbench to allow a project to run a a lower level java release? Can you point me to documentation?
I am working on the sample "Hello World" EGL Tutorial. My PC has Java 1.6 installed.
The Default workbench settings produce a project that runs correctly in the workbench server and in a Tomcat 6.0 server running on my PC. It however does not run on the Tomcat server 6.0 running on my IBM iSeries V5R4 machine with JDK1.5
EGL Workbench global preferences:
- "Java/Compiler/Compiler compliance level" shows 1.6
- "Java/Installed JREs" shows jre6 and it is checked as the default
- I have also added jre1.5.0_11 to the list
- OS/400 V5R4
- JDK 1.5
- Tomcat 6.0.20
- JAVA_HOME=/qibm/proddata/java400/jdk15 (ths is set in the Tomcat setclasspath.sh)
To attempt to compile this project under Java 1`.5 I set the following in the project preferences:
EGL Project settings:
- Compiler compliance level - 1.5
- I set this in the code Project
- I also had to set it in the Deployed project since when the EGL Descriptor was deployed, the new project had the default settings, i.e. 1.6.
- Installed JREs
- jre6 << This one is normally checked as the default included one
- Execution environments
- JS2E-1.5 = jrel1.5.0_11
- JavaSE-1.6 = jre6
- Java Build Path lists the JRE System Library [jre1.5.0_11 ]
I cannot seem to make this run correctly even in the workbench server.
Are there other settings that I am missing here?
[Updated on: Tue, 28 August 2012 19:49]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02159 seconds