Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » E4/GWT integration
E4/GWT integration [message #904412] Tue, 28 August 2012 07:41 Go to next message
Giovanni Senile is currently offline Giovanni Senile
Hi.
It's my first post: sorry for the trivial question.

Is there a way to integrate E4 Application Model and GWT? Ore can I use only RAP to develop web apps with E4?
Re: E4/GWT integration [message #904417 is a reply to message #904412] Tue, 28 August 2012 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
There is a Vaadin-Renderer in the works, RAP currently does NOT support
e4. Directly running in GWT is not possible because we heavily rely on OSGi.

Tom

Am 28.08.12 13:41, schrieb Nerd Anderthal:
> Hi.
> It's my first post: sorry for the trivial question.
>
> Is there a way to integrate E4 Application Model and GWT? Ore can I use
> only RAP to develop web apps with E4?
Re: E4/GWT integration [message #904432 is a reply to message #904417] Tue, 28 August 2012 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de Alwis
I wonder if E4 could work with PojoSR... I believe Peter Kriens was able to get GWT working with PojoSR.

Brian.
Re: E4/GWT integration [message #904442 is a reply to message #904432] Tue, 28 August 2012 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
.... before I'd try that I'd first try to get stuff running on felix
which is probably hard enough ;-)

This BTW might be a nice try to see where we are not good OSGi-Citizens!

Tom

Am 28.08.12 14:21, schrieb Brian de Alwis:
> I wonder if E4 could work with PojoSR... I believe Peter Kriens was able
> to get GWT working with PojoSR.
>
> Brian.
Re: E4/GWT integration [message #904485 is a reply to message #904432] Tue, 28 August 2012 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl Pauls is currently offline Karl Pauls
It should be possible to get e4 to work with pojosr. I got eclipse running on top of it a while ago. However, it depends a lot on how much of it you need working how well and how much time you want to spend to get it to work.
Re: E4/GWT integration [message #904487 is a reply to message #904412] Tue, 28 August 2012 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giovanni Senile is currently offline Giovanni Senile
Thank you very much for all replies.
There is great confusion under the sky Smile
Re: E4/GWT integration [message #904898 is a reply to message #904412] Wed, 29 August 2012 06:45 Go to previous message
Rushan Gilmullin is currently offline Rushan Gilmullin
In theory there are the way to create the gwt-renderer without compiling the runtime by qwt compiler. The correspondent workbench will run on server, it will "render" the data structure as vaadin do and this will fetched by gwt-client... So all operations required workbench interoop will redirected to server as in case of vaadin renderer, but user ui contibutions (gwt-widgets) and client widget interactive operations will run on client as in regular gwt-application with manually server request over spring, etc... So the solution will be diff from vaadin renderer as the usual gwt application diff from vaadin application. But all this is possible with usual vaadin renderer - vaadin doesn't tell you to use only server widgets, we can use gwt widgets by compiling it to widgetset. So, the real necesary of gwt renderer is the big question.

Offop. Tom, I look on your simple ide swt demo and want will do the work with resources in cassandra demo project as in this ide. The old demo (screenshots were published in vaadin renderer theme) work with resources themself. At first look there no problem to use IWorkbench in vaadin application. Is it true?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 06:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:take advantage of e4 ContextFunction
Next Topic:Need help for SWTBot with Menus, and e4 in general
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 29 22:31:34 EDT 2014