Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production
report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903584] Fri, 24 August 2012 12:24 Go to next message
sam detweiler is currently offline sam detweilerFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: August 2012
Junior Member
so I successfully created my nested table, (Thanks Jason), and migrated it to the production system (Birt 3.2.21)

my leaf most dataset uses a defined filter (its second filter) which uses the report parameter.

in the designer testing it work perfectly..
in the production system this parameter appears to be ignored.
the Birt version shipped with IBM Ration Team Concert is unknown to me,
but the product shipped last October, and the major version was released June 2011,
over year ago..
(so this could be a bug or lack of feature in the runtime)

is there another way, short of passing the parm thru the nested tables as a calculated field? (this wouldn't be hard, just time consuming)

Thanks

Sam


Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903623 is a reply to message #903584] Fri, 24 August 2012 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sam

Can you put that file io im I sent you in the filter to see what the
parameter value is when the filter is calculated?

Jason

On 8/24/2012 8:24 AM, sam detewiler wrote:
> so I successfully created my nested table, (Thanks Jason), and migrated
> it to the production system (Birt 3.2.21)
>
> my leaf most dataset uses a defined filter (its second filter) which
> uses the report parameter.
> in the designer testing it work perfectly.. in the production system
> this parameter appears to be ignored. the Birt version shipped with IBM
> Ration Team Concert is unknown to me,
> but the product shipped last October, and the major version was released
> June 2011,
> over year ago..
> (so this could be a bug or lack of feature in the runtime)
>
> is there another way, short of passing the parm thru the nested tables
> as a calculated field? (this wouldn't be hard, just time consuming)
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam
>
>
>
Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903638 is a reply to message #903623] Fri, 24 August 2012 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam detweiler is currently offline sam detweilerFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: August 2012
Junior Member
that out.print will run on the server and store on the server disk, which I don't have access to

Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903644 is a reply to message #903638] Fri, 24 August 2012 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you add a data item to the table and set its value to
params["yourparametername"]

Jason


On 8/24/2012 11:42 AM, sam detweiler wrote:
> that out.print will run on the server and store on the server disk,
> which I don't have access to
>
>
Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903649 is a reply to message #903644] Fri, 24 August 2012 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam detweiler is currently offline sam detweilerFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: August 2012
Junior Member
on the production server the parameter is in 'quotes'.

the input is UDM, the displayed calculated column is 'UDM'
(I didn't add the quotes)
Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903653 is a reply to message #903649] Fri, 24 August 2012 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam detweiler is currently offline sam detweilerFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: August 2012
Junior Member
and the function we put in to control visibility of the headers also isn't working.
on the production machine

so I deployed the report design as a template
then created a report from the template
then ran the report (it prompted for project name)

it reported the right stuff except

1. the filter didn't exclude records
2. the functions on the header rows didn't fire

Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903673 is a reply to message #903653] Fri, 24 August 2012 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sam

Do you have any details on the production server?
Is is using the BIRT viewer? What is the url to run the report?

Jason


On 8/24/2012 1:30 PM, sam detweiler wrote:
> and the function we put in to control visibility of the headers also
> isn't working.
> on the production machine
>
> so I deployed the report design as a template
> then created a report from the template
> then ran the report (it prompted for project name)
>
> it reported the right stuff except
>
> 1. the filter didn't exclude records
> 2. the functions on the header rows didn't fire
>
>
Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903675 is a reply to message #903673] Fri, 24 August 2012 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam detweiler is currently offline sam detweilerFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: August 2012
Junior Member
quotes is a known difference

jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsViewingDifferences

[Updated on: Fri, 24 August 2012 20:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: report parameter as dataset filter works in dev, not on production [message #903682 is a reply to message #903675] Fri, 24 August 2012 21:11 Go to previous message
sam detweiler is currently offline sam detweilerFriend
Messages: 20
Registered: August 2012
Junior Member
this is working now
Previous Topic:how to edit the value of a result table field
Next Topic:BIRT 2.7 WebSphere 7
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 15:55:47 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01817 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software