Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Display documentation next to content assist results
Display documentation next to content assist results [message #903332] Thu, 23 August 2012 04:11 Go to next message
Robert Wild is currently offline Robert Wild
Is it possible to display some sort of documentation while displaying the content assist like java does it? Currently I only know how to display tooltips. But one first has to select an item from the content assist to be able to see the tooltip containing the documentation.

I've found a tutorial about the eObjectDocumentationProvider but that doesn't display while content assist is active...
Re: Display documentation next to content assist results [message #903429 is a reply to message #903332] Thu, 23 August 2012 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian Zarnekow
Am 23.08.12 10:11, schrieb Robert Wild:
> Is it possible to display some sort of documentation while displaying the content assist like java does it? Currently I only know how to display tooltips. But one first has to select an item from the content assist to be able to see the tooltip containing the documentation.
>
> I've found a tutorial about the eObjectDocumentationProvider but that doesn't display while content assist is active...
>

Hi Robert,

which version of Xtext do you use? This works for me since 2.1 I think.

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Display documentation next to content assist results [message #903440 is a reply to message #903429] Thu, 23 August 2012 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Wild is currently offline Robert Wild
I'm using 2.1.0 (the latest I found in a maven repository Rolling Eyes )

How does this work exactly? I've played around with eObjectDocumentationProvider but couldn't get it to display documentation about the selected item in content assist.
Re: Display documentation next to content assist results [message #1072242 is a reply to message #903440] Mon, 22 July 2013 07:17 Go to previous message
B Richard
I'm currently facing the same issue, but only for keywords.

While debugging, I managed to find that the problem lies with the hover (IEObjectHover) attribute of ConfigurableCompletionProposal, which is null when I get in getAdditionalProposalInfo(...).

However, I have no problem with hover on keywords, even though this recent blog post made me think it would be more difficult. The problem is only with content assist.
Previous Topic:Xtext Cross referencing
Next Topic:Language with macro concept
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 16 12:10:36 EDT 2014