Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » bug hyperlinking in source?
bug hyperlinking in source? [message #10978] Thu, 12 July 2007 21:26 Go to next message
maarten meijer is currently offline maarten meijerFriend
Messages: 145
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I know that the bug#xxx notation used in the rich client can be clicked
for instant hyperlinking. But can Mylin also add this hyperlinking to
the various text editors, so that a TODO comment that indicates the
exact location for an edit can link directly to the Task using bug#xxx
notation. This is not just for Java source but also XML etc.

Every project would need an attached default bug repository, but
overrides should be possible.

It would mimic somehow the Mac old data detectors. Is this feasible?
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #10992 is a reply to message #10978] Thu, 12 July 2007 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

As noted in the 3.3 guide, it's now possible to add hyperlink detectors to other editors:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.platfor m.doc.isv/porting/3.3/recommended.html?view=co

http://help.eclipse.org/stable/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_ui_w orkbench_texteditor_hyperlinkDetectors.html

It wouldn't be out of the question to link the two things together, but AFAIK not done at the moment. Would you mind filing an enhancement request at https://bugs.eclipse.org?
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #11005 is a reply to message #10978] Fri, 13 July 2007 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: beatmik.acm.org

Maarten Meijer wrote:
> I know that the bug#xxx notation used in the rich client can be clicked
> for instant hyperlinking. But can Mylin also add this hyperlinking to
> the various text editors, so that a TODO comment that indicates the
> exact location for an edit can link directly to the Task using bug#xxx
> notation. This is not just for Java source but also XML etc.
>
> Every project would need an attached default bug repository, but
> overrides should be possible.
>
> It would mimic somehow the Mac old data detectors. Is this feasible?

Yup, as Alex points out you can already do this and it is enabled by
default for textual editors in the SDK (look for references to
"hyperlink" in http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/). Note that this is an
Eclipse 3.3 feature only.

Mik
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #11041 is a reply to message #11005] Fri, 13 July 2007 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: beatmik.acm.org

Mik Kersten wrote:
> Yup, as Alex points out you can already do this and it is enabled by
> default for textual editors in the SDK (look for references to
> "hyperlink" in http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/). Note that this is an
> Eclipse 3.3 feature only.

To clarify, what I meant to say is "as Alex points out Eclipse 3.3
already supports doing this and Mylyn already implements these hyperlink
detectors".

88293: [misc] Extension-Point for HyperlinkDetectors
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=88293

Mik
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #12771 is a reply to message #11005] Sun, 15 July 2007 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maarten meijer is currently offline maarten meijerFriend
Messages: 145
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mik Kersten wrote:
> Yup, as Alex points out you can already do this and it is enabled by
> default for textual editors in the SDK (look for references to
> "hyperlink" in http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/). Note that this is an
> Eclipse 3.3 feature only.
Hi Mik,


Thanks for the pointer. Still there is something strange: after some
edits I get the hyperlink with a command-hover.
But when I search for bug# using text search and open the file, there is
no hyperlink.
Are the hyperlinks in some way restricted to 'in current context' or
type of comment or excllusive with TODO task labels?

FYI, I use comments such as:
// TODO set step to arrive at a reasonable number of labels, bug#184

I'll try and reproduce and come up with a repeatable test case.

Maarten
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #14128 is a reply to message #12771] Tue, 17 July 2007 04:33 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: beatmik.acm.org

Maarten Meijer wrote:
....
> Thanks for the pointer. Still there is something strange: after some
> edits I get the hyperlink with a command-hover.
> But when I search for bug# using text search and open the file, there is
> no hyperlink.
> Are the hyperlinks in some way restricted to 'in current context' or
> type of comment or excllusive with TODO task labels?
>
> FYI, I use comments such as:
> // TODO set step to arrive at a reasonable number of labels, bug#184
>
> I'll try and reproduce and come up with a repeatable test case.

Maarten, I just wrote a FAQ entry that could describe your problem
(missing association between project and task repository). Please take
a look and post if that does not resolve it:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn_FAQ#Why_are_task_hyp erlinks_not_working.3F

Mik
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #571145 is a reply to message #10978] Thu, 12 July 2007 22:47 Go to previous message
Alex Blewitt is currently offline Alex BlewittFriend
Messages: 946
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
As noted in the 3.3 guide, it's now possible to add hyperlink detectors to other editors:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.platfor m.doc.isv/porting/3.3/recommended.html?view=co

http://help.eclipse.org/stable/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/org_eclipse_ui_w orkbench_texteditor_hyperlinkDetectors.html

It wouldn't be out of the question to link the two things together, but AFAIK not done at the moment. Would you mind filing an enhancement request at https://bugs.eclipse.org?
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #571233 is a reply to message #10978] Fri, 13 July 2007 06:41 Go to previous message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik KerstenFriend
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Maarten Meijer wrote:
> I know that the bug#xxx notation used in the rich client can be clicked
> for instant hyperlinking. But can Mylin also add this hyperlinking to
> the various text editors, so that a TODO comment that indicates the
> exact location for an edit can link directly to the Task using bug#xxx
> notation. This is not just for Java source but also XML etc.
>
> Every project would need an attached default bug repository, but
> overrides should be possible.
>
> It would mimic somehow the Mac old data detectors. Is this feasible?

Yup, as Alex points out you can already do this and it is enabled by
default for textual editors in the SDK (look for references to
"hyperlink" in http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/). Note that this is an
Eclipse 3.3 feature only.

Mik
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #571394 is a reply to message #11005] Fri, 13 July 2007 07:07 Go to previous message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik KerstenFriend
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mik Kersten wrote:
> Yup, as Alex points out you can already do this and it is enabled by
> default for textual editors in the SDK (look for references to
> "hyperlink" in http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/). Note that this is an
> Eclipse 3.3 feature only.

To clarify, what I meant to say is "as Alex points out Eclipse 3.3
already supports doing this and Mylyn already implements these hyperlink
detectors".

88293: [misc] Extension-Point for HyperlinkDetectors
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=88293

Mik
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #572135 is a reply to message #11005] Sun, 15 July 2007 07:28 Go to previous message
maarten meijer is currently offline maarten meijerFriend
Messages: 145
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Mik Kersten wrote:
> Yup, as Alex points out you can already do this and it is enabled by
> default for textual editors in the SDK (look for references to
> "hyperlink" in http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/new/). Note that this is an
> Eclipse 3.3 feature only.
Hi Mik,


Thanks for the pointer. Still there is something strange: after some
edits I get the hyperlink with a command-hover.
But when I search for bug# using text search and open the file, there is
no hyperlink.
Are the hyperlinks in some way restricted to 'in current context' or
type of comment or excllusive with TODO task labels?

FYI, I use comments such as:
// TODO set step to arrive at a reasonable number of labels, bug#184

I'll try and reproduce and come up with a repeatable test case.

Maarten
Re: bug hyperlinking in source? [message #572528 is a reply to message #12771] Tue, 17 July 2007 04:33 Go to previous message
Mik Kersten is currently offline Mik KerstenFriend
Messages: 287
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Maarten Meijer wrote:
....
> Thanks for the pointer. Still there is something strange: after some
> edits I get the hyperlink with a command-hover.
> But when I search for bug# using text search and open the file, there is
> no hyperlink.
> Are the hyperlinks in some way restricted to 'in current context' or
> type of comment or excllusive with TODO task labels?
>
> FYI, I use comments such as:
> // TODO set step to arrive at a reasonable number of labels, bug#184
>
> I'll try and reproduce and come up with a repeatable test case.

Maarten, I just wrote a FAQ entry that could describe your problem
(missing association between project and task repository). Please take
a look and post if that does not resolve it:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn_FAQ#Why_are_task_hyp erlinks_not_working.3F

Mik
Previous Topic:Why does activating a task not open it?
Next Topic:How does the Alt+click work?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 23 19:05:55 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02135 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software