Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Athena-style Test results
Athena-style Test results [message #903062] Tue, 21 August 2012 19:10 Go to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4095
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

Is Buckminster able to generate Tests Results, Compile Logs,. Changes in
the same way as the old CBI Athena build.

Currently a large number of projects claim to have 0 errors, 0 warnings
on 0 tests.

e.g.
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/testResults.php?hl=1&project=emf&ID=2.8.0/R201206080554

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Athena-style Test results [message #903099 is a reply to message #903062] Tue, 21 August 2012 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik Lindberg
Messages: 2500
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2012-21-08 21:10, Ed Willink wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is Buckminster able to generate Tests Results, Compile Logs,. Changes in
> the same way as the old CBI Athena build.
>
Nope, sorry, out of scope for Buckminster.

> Currently a large number of projects claim to have 0 errors, 0 warnings
> on 0 tests.
>

Jenkins has lots of functionality in this area - seems better to publish
results from there - or let people go directly there.

Regards
- henrik
Re: Athena-style Test results [message #903119 is a reply to message #903099] Wed, 22 August 2012 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2012-08-21 23:14, Henrik Lindberg wrote:
>
> Jenkins has lots of functionality in this area - seems better to publish results from there - or let people go directly
> there.
>
I agree. Jenkins/Hudson has very nice capabilities that Buckminster can integrate with.

Buckminster has a test launcher that is capable of running tests directly from your workspace, just as you would by
right-clicking the test and select "Run as" -> "JUnit Plug-in Test". In order to use it you create a launcher in Eclipse
and save it by choosing "Shared file" under the "Run Configurations" tab "Common". This launcher can then be used by the
Buckminster JUnit plug-in. Here's an example that runs our own tests:

buckminster junit -P build.properties -l org.eclipse.buckminster.tests/AllTests.launch -o $WS/testReport.xml
--terseXML --flatXML

The Buckminster junit command will generate JUnit XML. We then let Hudson/Jenkins take it from there and present it
nicely. For more details, please look at the Buckminster source code at
http://git.eclipse.org/c/buckminster/buckminster.git/tree/. The projects relevant to the above command are:

org.eclipse.buckminster.releng
org.eclipse.buckminster.tests

and, if you want the gory details of how it runs

org.eclipse.buckminster.junit

I expect that you can do make Jenkins/Hudson do nice Compile Logs as well by adding a formatter that reads the build
output. Buckminster prints all errors and warnings generated by the Eclipse builder. That includes all markers that you
would normally see in the IDE and it's not limited to just the Java compiler.

HTH,
- thomas
Re: Athena-style Test results [message #903166 is a reply to message #903119] Wed, 22 August 2012 11:07 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4095
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

Thanks for the conformation that I/we are not doing something stupid.

I'm just a bit surprised that we've all switched over to the Buckminster
build without the corresponding support for the user reports that we
provided for many years.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 22/08/2012 07:28, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I expect that you can do make Jenkins/Hudson do nice Compile Logs as
> well by adding a formatter that reads the build output. Buckminster
> prints all errors and warnings generated by the Eclipse builder. That
> includes all markers that you would normally see in the IDE and it's
> not limited to just the Java compiler.
>
> HTH,
>
>
Previous Topic:Resolution problems with Indigo: NPE in EclipsePlatformReaderType.getBestPlugin
Next Topic:using the target platform published by Jenkins job
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 12:29:50 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.14460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software