Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Can't open Windows-created project to MacOS X Eclipse
icon4.gif  Can't open Windows-created project to MacOS X Eclipse [message #902876] Mon, 20 August 2012 20:26 Go to next message
David Merinos is currently offline David MerinosFriend
Here's the deal, I've created a project with java -version 1.7, (not so big, just a very basic calculator). I did this in my own PC, saved the files in the workspace, and then I copied them to my flashdrive.

In my classroom, there's only iMacs with Mac OSX 10.5.8.
What I do:

• Copy project folder into workspace
  • Create a new project in Eclipse with the name of the folder
  • The project creates but I can't run it, it says something about JDK 1.7 (unbound)

the java -version in the iMac computer throws 1.5.

Could this be the problem?
Can I use my 1.5 library to open a 1.7 created project?
If so, how?
Re: Can't open Windows-created project to MacOS X Eclipse [message #902886 is a reply to message #902876] Mon, 20 August 2012 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
First: to transport a project the Eclipse way, you should let Eclipse do the copying, see http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/tasks-importproject.htm?cp=0_3_10_0

Second: the message you cite should tell you that JDT doesn't find a JDK 1.7 so the project has no Java runtime, so it can't run, surprised?
Simply edit the build path of the project to use a JRE that's actually present on the current machine: http://help.eclipse.org/juno/topic/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/reference/ref-properties-build-path.htm?cp=1_4_3_1 look for "Libraries tab" etc.

best,
Stephan

Re: Can't open Windows-created project to MacOS X Eclipse [message #902895 is a reply to message #902886] Tue, 21 August 2012 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you so much for your fast response.
I will try the tips tomorrow at school.

Thank you.
Re: Can't open Windows-created project to MacOS X Eclipse [message #903040 is a reply to message #902895] Tue, 21 August 2012 17:44 Go to previous message
Hello, it's me again, I tried something new now: Created a different project but with the java library version 1.5.
iMacs in school now can Run it without any problem. Guess I'll have to go that way now.
Thank you!
Previous Topic:Object's properties in TreeViewer
Next Topic:Need help viewing applet in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:53:50 GMT 2024