Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Hudson » GIT No changes on repo -> Nothing to do FAILURE
GIT No changes on repo -> Nothing to do FAILURE [message #902693] Sun, 19 August 2012 13:11 Go to next message
Matthias Bünger is currently offline Matthias Bünger
Does anyone knows a solution for the problem, that Hudson (2.2.0) always failes on a build when there is no change on the GIT-repo (git-plugin 2.2.0)?

I googled and only found that I'm not the only person who got this problem, like to see on the following links (remove the break-lines, it's because I have too limited posts to post links)

https://
bugs.eclipse.org/
bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=373753

or:
https://
bugs.eclipse.org/
bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=363607

I thought about n addional "dummy"-repo which just contains one file that always changed but that can't be a solution...

Here a short example of the failure-output
Seen branch in repository origin1/trunk
Nothing to do
[PMD] Skipping publisher since build result is FAILURE
[CHECKSTYLE] Skipping publisher since build result is FAILURE
[DRY] Skipping publisher since build result is FAILURE
[DEBUG] Skipping watched dependency update for build: Omegaday #39 due to result: FAILURE
Finished: FAILURE

Re: GIT No changes on repo -> Nothing to do FAILURE [message #902888 is a reply to message #902693] Mon, 20 August 2012 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve Christou

Hi Matthias,

I will be releasing a new version of the git plugin today which will fix this issue.

Thanks,
Steve

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: GIT No changes on repo -> Nothing to do FAILURE [message #903594 is a reply to message #902888] Fri, 24 August 2012 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey Matthias, sorry for not responding, but git plugin version 2.2.1 should be available for download which resolves this issue.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: GIT No changes on repo -> Nothing to do FAILURE [message #903723 is a reply to message #903594] Sat, 25 August 2012 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I think I have to do an manually update? I don't see any Update available in the "plugin manager" of hudson?

But off of that, thank you for your fast replies!
Re: GIT No changes on repo -> Nothing to do FAILURE [message #903726 is a reply to message #903723] Sat, 25 August 2012 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Under the plugin manager page go to the Advanced tab and click on the "Check Now" button on the bottom right corner.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */

[Updated on: Sat, 25 August 2012 01:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GIT No changes on repo -> Nothing to do FAILURE [message #903728 is a reply to message #903726] Sat, 25 August 2012 02:25 Go to previous message
Installed it manually and started two builds (one with / one without changes on repo) and both were correctly executed Smile

Thank you very much!
Previous Topic:Calling Klocwork from Hudson
Next Topic:hudson and .svn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 20 04:49:03 EDT 2014