Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Newbie: how to make a project questions
Newbie: how to make a project questions [message #901917] Wed, 15 August 2012 04:51 Go to next message
Tim Lai is currently offline Tim LaiFriend
hi.

i am new to java and have been putting the puzzles together on programming. my questions are bugging me alot. When i create a java project, I choose to create a new class. The problem is when I start typing "import acm.program.*;" The class file shows it as an error. How do I add the files to eclipse so it can read it in the class. or am I missing something very stupid. Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2012 04:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Newbie: how to make a project questions [message #902018 is a reply to message #901917] Wed, 15 August 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Eclipse (and any other java compiler) has to be able to find the class your code imports in order to resolve references to it. Eclipse uses the Build Path to resolve references. You access the Build Path from the Properties dialog for your project. If you are trying to use a third party library, then the class is probably distributed in a jar. You add jar files to the Build Path on the Library tab of the Build Path page.
Re: Newbie: how to make a project questions [message #902366 is a reply to message #901917] Fri, 17 August 2012 11:01 Go to previous message
monika monika is currently offline monika monikaFriend
www.itandtschool.com/php_course.html
www.itandtschool.com/java_course.html
Previous Topic:activePerspective in workbench.xml not starting
Next Topic:launching delegate issue with Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:06:15 GMT 2024