Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Toggle between source/header: Always
Toggle between source/header: Always [message #901855] Tue, 14 August 2012 19:01
Chris Stankevitz is currently offline Chris StankevitzFriend
Hello,

I posted this same question in the CDT forum. However, my questions typically get responses such as "do not post in this forum you moron". I unsure if my question might not be CDT related so I posted it here also. Hopefully I get yelled at in only one of the two forums and the other forum gives me an answer!

Chris

===

CTRL-TAB switches the editor between .h and .cpp files. This is wonderful, thank you.

Problem:

I sometimes click in things that are not the editor such as the output tab/view (to goto next error). When this happens the focus is no longer in the editor window and CTRL-TAB no longer works.

Question:

How to I get CTRL-TAB to switch between .h and .cpp even after I click in the output tab/view (or any other window/panel/tab/screen/object/color/menu/button/widget/etc)?

Answer:

a) This is impossible
b) Window | preferences | general | keys | Toggle Source/Header | When | "ALWAYS"
c) Window | preferences | general | keys | Toggle Source/Header | When | In Dialogs And Windows
d) Why don't you try writing your own IDE if you think it's so easy you lazy bum
e) [your answer here]

(b) is a trick answer. There is no "ALWAYS" option
(c) did not work either

Thank you,

Chris
Previous Topic:Read-only files
Next Topic:Disable popup alert in MAT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:00:37 GMT 2024