Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Hudson » Workspace management
Workspace management [message #901602] Mon, 13 August 2012 11:50 Go to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn Normington
The Eclipse web master tells me that a Hudson job's workspace is not shared across slaves. For jobs that specify a group of slaves to run on, this makes managing the workspace(s) tricky using the current Hudson web interface as the job page refers to a single workspace and allows me to wipe it. But I need to be able to view or wipe the workspaces on the separate slaves.

Is this an unusual way to configure Hudson, am I missing something in the Hudson web interface, or is there an improvement to be made?
Re: Workspace management [message #901663 is a reply to message #901602] Mon, 13 August 2012 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston Prakash
Glyn, Hudson has reference to the last build and the slave on which it was built. Wipe out workspace, cleans the workspace on that slave. Usually Hudson attempts to build on the same slave where the last build happens, so that SCM update works properly.

Unfortunately Hudson does not provide UI to clean the workspaces on the group of slaves where the build could happen. Could be a future enhancement.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Workspace management [message #901696 is a reply to message #901663] Tue, 14 August 2012 04:04 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn Normington
Thanks Winston: I raised enhancement bug 387174.
Previous Topic:Schedule Build Trigger plugin that incorporates current status of other jobs?
Next Topic:Migrating jobs to latest hudson ( trouble with changing config page )
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 20 12:42:19 EDT 2014