Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » How to profile JBoss server by TPTP on LINUX(SUSE 9.3) Environment
How to profile JBoss server by TPTP on LINUX(SUSE 9.3) Environment [message #120003] Wed, 02 January 2008 12:53 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: takashi.s.interplay.blogdns.com

Hello There

Currently, I'm trying to use TPTP on this environment.
I want to monitor remote JBoss application server

===
OS: SUSE 9.3
Eclipse: 3.2
Java: 1.5.0_10
Target Server: jboss-4.2.2.GA
TPTP (Installed from Eclipse)
TPTP Agent controller 4.4.0.3
===

I added this statement to startup script of JBOSS "run.sh".
JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled $JAVA_OPTS"

When I execute "run.sh" it will always return this error,
"Error occurred during initialization of VM agent library failed to init:
JPIBootLoader".

I googled about this, but couldn't find useful information.
Is anyone who faced this problem and fixed, pls let me know.

My /etc/skel/.profile is

===
TPTP_AC_HOME=/usr/local/agent

JAVA_PROFILER_HOME=$TPTP_AC_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.tptp.ja vaprofiler

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JAVA_PROFILER_HOME:$TPTP_AC_HOME/lib


export TPTP_AC_HOME

export JAVA_PROFILER_HOME

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

PATH=$TPTP_AC_HOME/bin:$JAVA_PROFILER_HOME:$PATH
===

I think every environmental valuables are set collectly.
However, maybe something is wrong with my configuration.

Any suggestion about this is quite appriciated.


Best regards.

Takashi
Re: How to profile JBoss server by TPTP on LINUX(SUSE 9.3) Environment [message #120031 is a reply to message #120003] Thu, 03 January 2008 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asaf Yaffe is currently offline Asaf Yaffe
Messages: 333
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Takashi,

>
> ===
> OS: SUSE 9.3
> Eclipse: 3.2
> Java: 1.5.0_10
> Target Server: jboss-4.2.2.GA
> TPTP (Installed from Eclipse)
> TPTP Agent controller 4.4.0.3
> ===

TPTP 4.4 is designed to run with Eclipse 3.3. I suggest you to upgrade
if you can.


>
> I added this statement to startup script of JBOSS "run.sh".
> JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled $JAVA_OPTS"
>

The -agentlib option is missing the data collector to launch (CGProf,
HeapProf or ThreadProf). Consider modifying this line to

JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;CGProf
$JAVA_OPTS"

Please see the online documentation (under Profiling in Standalone mode)
for a complete list of available options.

If this does not solve the problem, please enable logging by defining
the following variables:

export MARTINI_LOGGER_DIRECTORY=<an existing directory of your choice>
export MARTINI_LOGGER_LOG_LEVEL=5

Then, reproduce the error and post the created MLog*.log file to this
newsgroup.

HTH,
Asaf

--
Asaf Yaffe
Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Re: How to profile JBoss server by TPTP on LINUX(SUSE 9.3) Environment [message #120068 is a reply to message #120031] Thu, 03 January 2008 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: takashi.s.interplay.blogdns.com

Asaf,

Thank you for your reply.

As you said in previous mail, I fixed the "run.sh" as you specified. Then I
don't get original error
However, other 2 problem happens.

1. Got exception when I restart agent controller

When I try to restart agent controller on SUSE server, I got this message,

==========
Starting Agent Controller.
Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/eclipse/hyades/internal/execution/file/FileServer
ACServer started successfully.
==========

It seems the agent controller starts successfully after getting Exception in
thread.
But if it's possible, I want to fix this problem.


2. Can't attach to agent controller from Eclipse

When I tried to attach to remote controller agent from eclipse,I got this
error message.

"IWAT0435E An error occured when connecting to host"

This is because of the version of Eclipse???


I tried to access to the remote agent running in SUSE server as I described
in previous mail.
My client environment is,

----
OS: Windows XP Pro
Eclipse: 3.2
Jdk: 1.5.0_14
---

Also, I got this error message from JBoss server that I tried to profile,

==========
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00002af89c0111f9, pid=1978, tid=1106332000
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libtptpCmdExtr.so+0x21f9] parseMessage+0xe9
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid1978.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
==========

I can't understand what affects my JBoss server.
Any suggestion for those trouble is really appriciated.


Best regards
Takashi




..



"Asaf Yaffe" <asaf.yaffe@intel.com> wrote in message
news:fliaov$qpn$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Takashi,
>
>>
>> ===
>> OS: SUSE 9.3
>> Eclipse: 3.2
>> Java: 1.5.0_10
>> Target Server: jboss-4.2.2.GA
>> TPTP (Installed from Eclipse)
>> TPTP Agent controller 4.4.0.3
>> ===
>
> TPTP 4.4 is designed to run with Eclipse 3.3. I suggest you to upgrade if
> you can.
>
>
>>
>> I added this statement to startup script of JBOSS "run.sh".
>> JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled $JAVA_OPTS"
>>
>
> The -agentlib option is missing the data collector to launch (CGProf,
> HeapProf or ThreadProf). Consider modifying this line to
>
> JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;CGProf
> $JAVA_OPTS"
>
> Please see the online documentation (under Profiling in Standalone mode)
> for a complete list of available options.
>
> If this does not solve the problem, please enable logging by defining the
> following variables:
>
> export MARTINI_LOGGER_DIRECTORY=<an existing directory of your choice>
> export MARTINI_LOGGER_LOG_LEVEL=5
>
> Then, reproduce the error and post the created MLog*.log file to this
> newsgroup.
>
> HTH,
> Asaf
>
> --
> Asaf Yaffe
> Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
Re: How to profile JBoss server by TPTP on LINUX(SUSE 9.3) Environment [message #120154 is a reply to message #120068] Thu, 03 January 2008 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: takashi.s.interplay.blogdns.com

Sorry I have to collect one thing in my previous mail. I said,

> Also, I got this error message from JBoss server that I tried to profile,
>
> ==========
> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
> #
> # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00002af89c0111f9, pid=1978, tid=1106332000
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed mode)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C [libtptpCmdExtr.so+0x21f9] parseMessage+0xe9
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as
> hs_err_pid5991.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
> ==========

This is not the error of JBoss, When I tried to attach to the remote JBoss
server,
The agent controller running in remote server gave this error and stopped
suddenly....

Pls tell me what is the possible cause.
I also tried from Eclipse3.3, however, result was same.....

I attached the logfile "hs_err_pid5991.log" just in case.
I'm completly stacked....







"Takashi" <takashi.s@interplay.blogdns.com> wrote in message
news:flin5s$vqj$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Asaf,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> As you said in previous mail, I fixed the "run.sh" as you specified. Then
> I
> don't get original error
> However, other 2 problem happens.
>
> 1. Got exception when I restart agent controller
>
> When I try to restart agent controller on SUSE server, I got this message,
>
> ==========
> Starting Agent Controller.
> Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/eclipse/hyades/internal/execution/file/FileServer
> ACServer started successfully.
> ==========
>
> It seems the agent controller starts successfully after getting Exception
> in
> thread.
> But if it's possible, I want to fix this problem.
>
>
> 2. Can't attach to agent controller from Eclipse
>
> When I tried to attach to remote controller agent from eclipse,I got this
> error message.
>
> "IWAT0435E An error occured when connecting to host"
>
> This is because of the version of Eclipse???
>
>
> I tried to access to the remote agent running in SUSE server as I
> described
> in previous mail.
> My client environment is,
>
> ----
> OS: Windows XP Pro
> Eclipse: 3.2
> Jdk: 1.5.0_14
> ---
>
> Also, I got this error message from JBoss server that I tried to profile,
>
> ==========
> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
> #
> # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00002af89c0111f9, pid=1978, tid=1106332000
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed mode)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C [libtptpCmdExtr.so+0x21f9] parseMessage+0xe9
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as
> hs_err_pid1978.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
> ==========
>
> I can't understand what affects my JBoss server.
> Any suggestion for those trouble is really appriciated.
>
>
> Best regards
> Takashi
>
>
>
>
> .
>
>
>
> "Asaf Yaffe" <asaf.yaffe@intel.com> wrote in message
> news:fliaov$qpn$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Takashi,
>>
>>>
>>> ===
>>> OS: SUSE 9.3
>>> Eclipse: 3.2
>>> Java: 1.5.0_10
>>> Target Server: jboss-4.2.2.GA
>>> TPTP (Installed from Eclipse)
>>> TPTP Agent controller 4.4.0.3
>>> ===
>>
>> TPTP 4.4 is designed to run with Eclipse 3.3. I suggest you to upgrade if
>> you can.
>>
>>
>>>
>>> I added this statement to startup script of JBOSS "run.sh".
>>> JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled $JAVA_OPTS"
>>>
>>
>> The -agentlib option is missing the data collector to launch (CGProf,
>> HeapProf or ThreadProf). Consider modifying this line to
>>
>> JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;CGProf
>> $JAVA_OPTS"
>>
>> Please see the online documentation (under Profiling in Standalone mode)
>> for a complete list of available options.
>>
>> If this does not solve the problem, please enable logging by defining the
>> following variables:
>>
>> export MARTINI_LOGGER_DIRECTORY=<an existing directory of your choice>
>> export MARTINI_LOGGER_LOG_LEVEL=5
>>
>> Then, reproduce the error and post the created MLog*.log file to this
>> newsgroup.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Asaf
>>
>> --
>> Asaf Yaffe
>> Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
>
>


Re: How to profile JBoss server by TPTP on LINUX(SUSE 9.3) Environment [message #120955 is a reply to message #120154] Wed, 16 January 2008 08:00 Go to previous message
Asaf Yaffe is currently offline Asaf Yaffe
Messages: 333
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Takashi,

This seems like an Agent Controller issue. Maybe some of the AC guys can
help....

Regards,
Asaf

> Sorry I have to collect one thing in my previous mail. I said,
>
>> Also, I got this error message from JBoss server that I tried to profile,
>>
>> ==========
>> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
>> #
>> # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00002af89c0111f9, pid=1978, tid=1106332000
>> #
>> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed mode)
>> # Problematic frame:
>> # C [libtptpCmdExtr.so+0x21f9] parseMessage+0xe9
>> #
>> # An error report file with more information is saved as
>> hs_err_pid5991.log
>> #
>> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
>> # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
>> #
>> ==========
>
> This is not the error of JBoss, When I tried to attach to the remote JBoss
> server,
> The agent controller running in remote server gave this error and stopped
> suddenly....
>
> Pls tell me what is the possible cause.
> I also tried from Eclipse3.3, however, result was same.....
>
> I attached the logfile "hs_err_pid5991.log" just in case.
> I'm completly stacked....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Takashi" <takashi.s@interplay.blogdns.com> wrote in message
> news:flin5s$vqj$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Asaf,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.
>>
>> As you said in previous mail, I fixed the "run.sh" as you specified. Then
>> I
>> don't get original error
>> However, other 2 problem happens.
>>
>> 1. Got exception when I restart agent controller
>>
>> When I try to restart agent controller on SUSE server, I got this message,
>>
>> ==========
>> Starting Agent Controller.
>> Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/eclipse/hyades/internal/execution/file/FileServer
>> ACServer started successfully.
>> ==========
>>
>> It seems the agent controller starts successfully after getting Exception
>> in
>> thread.
>> But if it's possible, I want to fix this problem.
>>
>>
>> 2. Can't attach to agent controller from Eclipse
>>
>> When I tried to attach to remote controller agent from eclipse,I got this
>> error message.
>>
>> "IWAT0435E An error occured when connecting to host"
>>
>> This is because of the version of Eclipse???
>>
>>
>> I tried to access to the remote agent running in SUSE server as I
>> described
>> in previous mail.
>> My client environment is,
>>
>> ----
>> OS: Windows XP Pro
>> Eclipse: 3.2
>> Jdk: 1.5.0_14
>> ---
>>
>> Also, I got this error message from JBoss server that I tried to profile,
>>
>> ==========
>> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
>> #
>> # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00002af89c0111f9, pid=1978, tid=1106332000
>> #
>> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_10-b03 mixed mode)
>> # Problematic frame:
>> # C [libtptpCmdExtr.so+0x21f9] parseMessage+0xe9
>> #
>> # An error report file with more information is saved as
>> hs_err_pid1978.log
>> #
>> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
>> # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
>> #
>> ==========
>>
>> I can't understand what affects my JBoss server.
>> Any suggestion for those trouble is really appriciated.
>>
>>
>> Best regards
>> Takashi
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .
>>
>>
>>
>> "Asaf Yaffe" <asaf.yaffe@intel.com> wrote in message
>> news:fliaov$qpn$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> Takashi,
>>>
>>>> ===
>>>> OS: SUSE 9.3
>>>> Eclipse: 3.2
>>>> Java: 1.5.0_10
>>>> Target Server: jboss-4.2.2.GA
>>>> TPTP (Installed from Eclipse)
>>>> TPTP Agent controller 4.4.0.3
>>>> ===
>>> TPTP 4.4 is designed to run with Eclipse 3.3. I suggest you to upgrade if
>>> you can.
>>>
>>>
>>>> I added this statement to startup script of JBOSS "run.sh".
>>>> JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled $JAVA_OPTS"
>>>>
>>> The -agentlib option is missing the data collector to launch (CGProf,
>>> HeapProf or ThreadProf). Consider modifying this line to
>>>
>>> JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled;CGProf
>>> $JAVA_OPTS"
>>>
>>> Please see the online documentation (under Profiling in Standalone mode)
>>> for a complete list of available options.
>>>
>>> If this does not solve the problem, please enable logging by defining the
>>> following variables:
>>>
>>> export MARTINI_LOGGER_DIRECTORY=<an existing directory of your choice>
>>> export MARTINI_LOGGER_LOG_LEVEL=5
>>>
>>> Then, reproduce the error and post the created MLog*.log file to this
>>> newsgroup.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> Asaf
>>>
>>> --
>>> Asaf Yaffe
>>> Eclipse TPTP Committer, JVMTI Profiler
>>
>
>
Previous Topic:problems in WAS 6.1
Next Topic:Unable to profile using Agent Controller
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Apr 19 11:43:16 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01860 seconds