Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Ignoring Elements completely in custom Match and Diff Engine
Ignoring Elements completely in custom Match and Diff Engine [message #900941] Thu, 09 August 2012 07:42 Go to next message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
Hi,

I am working on a custmization to compare java models discovered using the MoDisco tooling.

Such models can contain class declarations etc. from packages which I am not interested in. So I would like to ignore all elements and possible changes from classes, interfaces, etc. in those packages.

Up to know, I implemented such a filter in the processUnmatchedElements() of a custom DiffEngine extending the GenericDiffEngine.
I also handle those elements within a custom MatchEngine and there are other methods in the custom DiffEngine I will have to adapt to filter diffs of JavaModel elements from specific packages.

However, I was wondering if there is a method I could adapt to specify model elements which should be completely ignored to
1) not have to implement filters in a lot of methods scattered around the code
2) improve performance by filtering them right at the beginning of the process.

Thanks a lot
Benjamin
Re: Ignoring Elements completely in custom Match and Diff Engine [message #901011 is a reply to message #900941] Thu, 09 August 2012 11:58 Go to previous message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
sorry I posted the topic in the wrong forum. I don't know how to delete it by myself, so feel free to delete it if you know how
Previous Topic:Loading java2kdm Models - Best Practices?
Next Topic:Extracting the compilation unit info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:47:51 GMT 2024