Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Test case reuse question
Test case reuse question [message #899708] Thu, 02 August 2012 03:35 Go to next message
Andrew H is currently offline Andrew HFriend
Hi,

I'd like to do make a re-usable test case where a test step in the test case is configurable. So it does this:

1. Test Step A (e.g. select a tree node)
2. Configurable Test Step B (e.g. select context menu item)
3. Test Step C (e.g. select a sub-tree node)

I'd like to loop over this test case supplying data which affects steps A and C (so use a data set), but also I want to make Test Step B configurable, for example I re-use this test case supplying in test data and Step B is configured to click the context menu item "New", I re-use the test-case somewhere else, but this time Step B is configured to execute a key accelerator Ctrl+N.

Is there any easy way to do this?

I got it working by doing this:
After Step A, throw an error (i.e check string value A), setting up a retry handler which performs Step B, setting the correct value for string value A, and then re-enters the failing test step which now succeeds on string value check, original test case performs Step C. Success.
This seems really clunky. Is there are better way to this?
Re: Test case reuse question [message #900342 is a reply to message #899708] Mon, 06 August 2012 14:50 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

For using two different workflows as a part of one test, I think the only way to manage that is as you have described. Usually, for readability and simplicity I would tend towards having two test cases that deal with the different workflows. They can (and should) reuse most of the same modules, except for the ones that are different.
HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Support for current Firefox-Releases
Next Topic: Point to click outside of screen bounds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:58:39 GMT 2024