Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Target Platform in Buckminster
Target Platform in Buckminster [message #898376] Thu, 26 July 2012 05:49 Go to next message
chavi   is currently offline chavi
Messages: 64
Registered: April 2011
Member
I have followed this tutorial to create Product with Buckminster.
http://codeandme.blogspot.com/2011/09/

Everything works fine But as soon as i create any Plugin project which have other dependencies it shows me error in project.(May be because of Target platform)So to solve it i add dependent feature project in Target platform.
But it exits with below log & product is not created.
Is there any thing which i need to implement to support other project which have dependencies.


!SESSION Thu Jul 26 14:00:20 IST 2012 ------------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:20.686
!MESSAGE Could not find extension: javax.transaction__1.1.1.v201105210645.jar
!SESSION 2012-07-26 14:00:20.077 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20120208-0800
java.version=1.6.0_26
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository file:/C:/wysfirstBuild/UpdateSite/ -destination C:\wysfirstBuild\Sample RCP\MyProduct.win32.win32.x86 -profile ExampleProfile -profileProperties org.eclipse.update.install.features=true -installIU com.example.rcp.core.myproduct -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch x86
Command-line arguments: -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository file:/C:/wysfirstBuild/UpdateSite/ -destination C:\wysfirstBuild\Sample RCP\MyProduct.win32.win32.x86 -profile ExampleProfile -profileProperties org.eclipse.update.install.features=true -installIU com.example.rcp.core.myproduct -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch x86 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:21.140
!MESSAGE Bundle javax.transaction__1.1.1.v201105210645.jar not found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 1 2012-07-26 14:00:22.062
!MESSAGE Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.062
!MESSAGE Software being installed: My RCP Example 0.0.0 (com.example.rcp.core.myproduct 0.0.0)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.062
!MESSAGE Missing requirement: HtmlEditor 1.0.0.qualifier (com.my.sdk.ide.webtools.my.htmlEditor.patch 1.0.0.qualifier) requires 'package org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.internal.encoding 0.0.0' but it could not be found
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 1 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
!MESSAGE Cannot satisfy dependency:
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
!MESSAGE From: TestFeature 1.0.0.qualifier (TestFeature.feature.group 1.0.0.qualifier)
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
!MESSAGE To: com.my.sdk.ide.webtools.my.htmlEditor.patch [1.0.0.qualifier]
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 1 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
!MESSAGE Cannot satisfy dependency:
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
!MESSAGE From: My RCP Example 0.0.0 (com.example.rcp.core.myproduct 0.0.0)
!SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
!MESSAGE To: TestFeature.feature.group [1.0.0.qualifier]
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #898496 is a reply to message #898376] Thu, 26 July 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik Lindberg
Messages: 2493
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Not sure I fully understand your question.

A couple of basic things first:
The workspace can only have one active TP at a time, and thus all
projects are built against this TP.

Project's dependencies are resolved against the versions (note plural)
found in the TP. Unless there are capped ranges, latest version will be
picked.

Modifying the TP does funny things to launch configurations.

Now, your case.
Why do you need to build "another project with different dependencies"
at the same time as you are building the product? Why not just keep one
workspace where you build the product - keep the TP clean.

Alternatively, if your "other project" is something like a plugin to the
base product, and you want to work on it at the same time - Simply add
it to what you are materializing so the TP is fully resolved by
Buckminster. This makes sense as the product and the plugin should be
able to be installed at the same time.

Does that help?
Regards
- henrik

On 2012-26-07 11:49, chavi wrote:
> I have followed this tutorial to create Product with Buckminster.
> http://codeandme.blogspot.com/2011/09/
>
> Everything works fine But as soon as i create any Plugin project which
> have other dependencies it shows me error in project.(May be because of
> Target platform)So to solve it i add dependent feature project in Target
> platform.
> But it exits with below log & product is not created.
> Is there any thing which i need to implement to support other project
> which have dependencies.
>
>
> !SESSION Thu Jul 26 14:00:20 IST 2012
> ------------------------------------------
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:20.686
> !MESSAGE Could not find extension:
> javax.transaction__1.1.1.v201105210645.jar
> !SESSION 2012-07-26 14:00:20.077
> -----------------------------------------------
> eclipse.buildId=M20120208-0800
> java.version=1.6.0_26
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
> Framework arguments: -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director
> -repository file:/C:/wysfirstBuild/UpdateSite/ -destination
> C:\wysfirstBuild\Sample RCP\MyProduct.win32.win32.x86 -profile
> ExampleProfile -profileProperties
> org.eclipse.update.install.features=true -installIU
> com.example.rcp.core.myproduct -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch x86
> Command-line arguments: -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director
> -repository file:/C:/wysfirstBuild/UpdateSite/ -destination
> C:\wysfirstBuild\Sample RCP\MyProduct.win32.win32.x86 -profile
> ExampleProfile -profileProperties
> org.eclipse.update.install.features=true -installIU
> com.example.rcp.core.myproduct -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch x86
> -consoleLog
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:21.140
> !MESSAGE Bundle javax.transaction__1.1.1.v201105210645.jar not found.
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 1 2012-07-26 14:00:22.062
> !MESSAGE Cannot complete the install because one or more required items
> could not be found.
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.062
> !MESSAGE Software being installed: My RCP Example 0.0.0
> (com.example.rcp.core.myproduct 0.0.0)
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.062
> !MESSAGE Missing requirement: HtmlEditor 1.0.0.qualifier
> (com.my.sdk.ide.webtools.my.htmlEditor.patch 1.0.0.qualifier) requires
> 'package org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.internal.encoding 0.0.0' but it could
> not be found
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 1 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
> !MESSAGE Cannot satisfy dependency:
> !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
> !MESSAGE From: TestFeature 1.0.0.qualifier (TestFeature.feature.group
> 1.0.0.qualifier)
> !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
> !MESSAGE To: com.my.sdk.ide.webtools.my.htmlEditor.patch [1.0.0.qualifier]
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 1 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
> !MESSAGE Cannot satisfy dependency:
> !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
> !MESSAGE From: My RCP Example 0.0.0 (com.example.rcp.core.myproduct 0.0.0)
> !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director 4 0 2012-07-26 14:00:22.155
> !MESSAGE To: TestFeature.feature.group [1.0.0.qualifier]
>
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #898990 is a reply to message #898496] Mon, 30 July 2012 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chavi   is currently offline chavi
Messages: 64
Registered: April 2011
Member
Thanks for reply.
Let me explain you my Build scenarios.
Actually i have added only three sites as Target Platform like below tutorial.As you mention our project would be compiled against this TP,My project is showing error because it has dependency to org.eclipse.wst.html.ui.So now there is three questions

1. How to add these plugins to TP So that my project compile properly.
2. If i add this plugin as feature project i get the log which i have shared before.
3.What to do if i want to build fragmented projects also.

All of these thing are working simultaneously in my Build.Please help how can i resolve these issues.
Thanks again for replying.
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #899052 is a reply to message #898990] Mon, 30 July 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik Lindberg
Messages: 2493
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2012-30-07 6:15, chavi wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
> Let me explain you my Build scenarios.
> Actually i have added only three sites as Target Platform like below
> tutorial.As you mention our project would be compiled against this TP,My
> project is showing error because it has dependency to
> org.eclipse.wst.html.ui.So now there is three questions
>
> 1. How to add these plugins to TP So that my project compile properly.

It should pretty much just be to make sure your RMap includes an entry
that resolves the thing(s) you need.
WHen you materialize, Buckminster creates the TP for your. Best approach
is to start with an empty TP (I have an empty project in my workspace
for this purpose) and I set up my IDE to use this TP relative to the
workspace-location.
Before rematerializing I typically delete everything in the TP project
to avoid getting multiple and unused versions of bundles. This avoids
several follow-on issues when Eclipse modifies launch configurations and
what not.

> 2. If i add this plugin as feature project i get the log which i have
> shared before.
Is that a runtime problem (running what you built? If so, you need to
adjust your launch configuration. If what you need in your launch config
is missing, then you need to add a dependency in one of your features to
make sure it gets materialized into the TP.

> 3.What to do if i want to build fragmented projects also.
>
Not sure what you mean by that term ("fragmented projects"). You can
naturally have multiple entry points. We typically have a releng project
that contains a CQuery for setting up for development. Sometimes we
write different queries for headless build (or builds if there are
several different ones).

> All of these thing are working simultaneously in my Build.Please help
> how can i resolve these issues.
> Thanks again for replying.

Hope the above helps. Again, not quite sure exactly what you are asking...

Regards
- henrik
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #900017 is a reply to message #899052] Fri, 03 August 2012 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chavi   is currently offline chavi
Messages: 64
Registered: April 2011
Member
Thanks for reply.
In simple term i have created a Eclipse Fragment project for HTML Editor.So for doing this i have followed this article.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Steps_to_use_Fragments_to_patch_a_plug-in.
But when i try to create product with Buckminster,Build fails with below message


!MESSAGE Missing requirement: HtmlEditor 1.0.0.qualifier (com.my.sdk.ide.webtools.my.htmlEditor.patch 1.0.0.qualifier) requires 'package org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.internal.encoding 0.0.0' but it could not be found

You can check my previous post for detailed log.Please help how can i resolve this issue.

Thanks again for replying.
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #900034 is a reply to message #900017] Fri, 03 August 2012 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik Lindberg
Messages: 2493
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This looks like the p2 director is telling you that the required bundle
is not found in the repositories the director was told to use.

Which repository where you expecting to find it in? Is that repository
given to the director?

- henrik

On 2012-03-08 15:22, chavi wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
> In simple term i have created a Eclipse Fragment project for HTML
> Editor.So for doing this i have followed this article.
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Steps_to_use_Fragments_to_patch_a_plug-in.
> But when i try to create product with Buckminster,Build fails with below
> message
>
>
> !MESSAGE Missing requirement: HtmlEditor 1.0.0.qualifier
> (com.my.sdk.ide.webtools.my.htmlEditor.patch 1.0.0.qualifier) requires
> 'package org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.internal.encoding 0.0.0' but it could
> not be found
>
> You can check my previous post for detailed log.Please help how can i
> resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks again for replying.
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #900539 is a reply to message #900034] Tue, 07 August 2012 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chavi   is currently offline chavi
Messages: 64
Registered: April 2011
Member
Thanks for replying,
Above repository part I have solved & build the product but now there is no JavaEE Or Web perspective.I am not able to create static project.Why its not coming in option.Do i need to do any setting for it.
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #900615 is a reply to message #900539] Tue, 07 August 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik Lindberg
Messages: 2493
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2012-07-08 14:48, chavi wrote:
> Thanks for replying,
> Above repository part I have solved & build the product but now there is
> no JavaEE Or Web perspective.I am not able to create static project.Why
> its not coming in option.Do i need to do any setting for it.

It is kind of hard to understand what you are asking.

So - guessing...

In order for JavaEE, WebPerspctive and what not to be available, you
must naturally include them in your product - did you do that?

- henrik
Re: Target Platform in Buckminster [message #900712 is a reply to message #900017] Wed, 08 August 2012 05:14 Go to previous message
Yugandhar M is currently offline Yugandhar M
Messages: 6
Registered: August 2012
Junior Member
Hi,

I'm not able to find the procedure from the mentiond link "http://wiki.eclipse.org/Steps_to_use_Fragments_to_patch_a_plug-in"

Please post updated link. It will help for my project.

Thanks,
Yugandhar
Previous Topic:Building a p2 site for patched features/plugins
Next Topic:Procedure to create Fragment project and build using Buckminster
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Apr 25 02:55:51 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02658 seconds