|Execute migration with Edapt [message #897817]
||Wed, 25 July 2012 05:40
| excellion fdfds
Registered: July 2012
I installed the project Edapt http://www.eclipse.org/edapt/, creates the history of my ecore model and prepared a new "release Edapt". In the tutorial http://www.eclipse.org/edapt/libraryexample.php I'm at the point "Migrator".
I.e. the execution of operations to convert my data files from old to new Ecore model.
The migration execution can be integrated directly into the editor code, as Listing 3 shows. The method checkMigration must be called at the beginning of the method createModel in the library editor.
But i don't have the méthod "createModel", because i don't have the project "xxx.editor". i have the xxx.model (with .ecore), xxx.edit and xxx.diagram (generated with .gmfgen).
I don't find how launch the migration with Edapt...
|Re: Execute migration with Edapt [message #1046891 is a reply to message #897903]
||Mon, 22 April 2013 10:01
| Niels Brouwers
Registered: July 2009
just like the starter of this topic, I am experiencing problems trying to execute the migrator. I am following the Edapt tutorial as found on the website.
What I've done so far:
- Created an example ecore model
- Created a 1.0 release (also reflected in the nsUri) with Edapt
- Generated all the model, edit and editor plugins from the ecore model
- Started up a new Eclipse instance and tested the creation of a model instance using the generated editor
- Made a small modification to the meta-model, and created a 1.1 release with Edapt, including changing the nsUri.
- Verified to see whether the model instance created earlier could not be opened in the run-time instance due to the NsUri being changed.
- Then, tried to modify the editor code in the createModel method to execute the model migrator. Opening the model with the modified editor now results in the error message "No migrator found".
Debugging the code it became clear the the MigratorRegistry does not contain a suitable migrator for the 1.0 version of the meta-model. I've looked at implementing the 'org.eclipse.emf.edapt.migrators' extension point, but fail to achieve in this.
Can someone please look at the enclosed attachment and see what I am doing wrong here? Furthermore, is there any documentation besides the tutorial available? The documentation link on the website points to a non-existing website.
Thank you in advance!
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.03341 seconds