Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Dynamic text with page number
Dynamic text with page number [message #897261] Mon, 23 July 2012 12:45 Go to next message
Arkon Javia is currently offline Arkon Javia
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Yo,

I need print a page number concatenated with columns from database in dynamic text.
The autotext - "page Number" and "confidential - Page#" - don't solve my problems 'cause the text can (or not) have a line break.
When i put the "pageNumber" doesnt work (stay ever in 1).Create a variable and try iterate on pagebreak from layout too.

Need do it in Masterpage (grid on header).

Suggests?



- Birt Version: 3.7.2
- Format output: pdf
Re: Dynamic text with page number [message #897401 is a reply to message #897261] Tue, 24 July 2012 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

How are you running the report? Are you using the viewer or the Report
Engine? Try using the pageNumber in and then in the designer run it to
the viewer then export to pdf.

Jason

On 7/23/2012 8:45 AM, Arkon Javia wrote:
> Yo,
>
> I need print a page number concatenated with columns from database in
> dynamic text. The autotext - "page Number" and "confidential - Page#" -
> don't solve my problems 'cause the text can (or not) have a line break.
> When i put the "pageNumber" doesnt work (stay ever in 1).Create a
> variable and try iterate on pagebreak from layout too.
>
> Need do it in Masterpage (grid on header).
> Suggests?
>
>
>
> - Birt Version: 3.7.2
> - Format output: pdf
>
Re: Dynamic text with page number [message #897520 is a reply to message #897401] Tue, 24 July 2012 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arkon Javia is currently offline Arkon Javia
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Doesn't work.
I had used export in pdf always (need this format) and pageNumber don't iterate.
Re: Dynamic text with page number [message #897629 is a reply to message #897520] Tue, 24 July 2012 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you reproduce in a sample report using the sample db to show the
issue? When you tested you previewed using the web viewer which shows
it in html and then exported from the web viewer menu to pdf?

Jason

On 7/24/2012 7:58 AM, Arkon Javia wrote:
> Doesn't work.
> I had used export in pdf always (need this format) and pageNumber don't
> iterate.
Re: Dynamic text with page number [message #897635 is a reply to message #897629] Tue, 24 July 2012 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arkon Javia is currently offline Arkon Javia
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
The same happened when I tried web viewer and latter export pdf.
I need do it like in sample (annex), in masterPage. Variables too are accepted.

PS:(birt 3.7.2)

[Updated on: Tue, 24 July 2012 20:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dynamic text with page number [message #897639 is a reply to message #897635] Tue, 24 July 2012 20:53 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Look at the attached modified example. Keep in mind though the way you
have all the text in one field it will only produce 2 pages in html and
this will not match the pdf which will be 4. If you had this is in a
list or table rows html and pdf would match. Or string split the text
into multiple grid rows.

Jason


On 7/24/2012 4:22 PM, Arkon Javia wrote:
> The same happened when I tried web viewer and latter export pdf.
> I need do it like in sample (annex), in masterPage. Variables too are accepted.
>
Re: Dynamic text with page number [message #897640 is a reply to message #897635] Tue, 24 July 2012 20:53 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Look at the attached modified example. Keep in mind though the way you
have all the text in one field it will only produce 2 pages in html and
this will not match the pdf which will be 4. If you had this is in a
list or table rows html and pdf would match. Or string split the text
into multiple grid rows.

Jason


On 7/24/2012 4:22 PM, Arkon Javia wrote:
> The same happened when I tried web viewer and latter export pdf.
> I need do it like in sample (annex), in masterPage. Variables too are accepted.
>
Previous Topic:How to hide crosstab columns at runtime (in Excel)
Next Topic:Placing library in RAP environment
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 25 05:45:22 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09547 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software