Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » What UI-classes to use, if I want to use a JavaFX-Renderer
What UI-classes to use, if I want to use a JavaFX-Renderer [message #896555] Wed, 18 July 2012 20:19 Go to next message
Markus Oley is currently offline Markus Oley
Messages: 253
Registered: July 2009
Location: Germany
Senior Member
Hi to all,

I have another question:

I want to port my 3.x rcp-application to e4 and want to use a javafx renderer.
If I build my views or another gui-components - what classes do I have to use?
Do I still have to use SWT-Classes or do I have some M-Classes and where do I find
the model-representations?

Best regards
Markus
Re: What UI-classes to use, if I want to use a JavaFX-Renderer [message #896609 is a reply to message #896555] Thu, 19 July 2012 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5330
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
If you want to use JavaFX all your code (the stuff making up your
tables, trees, forms, ...) have to be written in JavaFX too!

The e(fx)clipse project I'm running at http://www.efxclipse.org/
provides FX-rendering. There are sample applications in the git-repo who
use e4+JavaFX.

Tom

Am 18.07.12 22:19, schrieb Markus Oley:
> Hi to all,
> I have another question:
>
> I want to port my 3.x rcp-application to e4 and want to use a javafx
> renderer. If I build my views or another gui-components - what classes
> do I have to use? Do I still have to use SWT-Classes or do I have some
> M-Classes and where do I find the model-representations?
> Best regards
> Markus
Re: What UI-classes to use, if I want to use a JavaFX-Renderer [message #897073 is a reply to message #896609] Sat, 21 July 2012 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Oley is currently offline Markus Oley
Messages: 253
Registered: July 2009
Location: Germany
Senior Member
Hi Tom,

thank you for your answer,
I'll take a look at efxclipse

Re: What UI-classes to use, if I want to use a JavaFX-Renderer [message #897081 is a reply to message #897073] Sat, 21 July 2012 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5330
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I've just released 0.1.0 and write a tutorial on how to bootstrap an
e4-javafx application.

Tom

Am 21.07.12 15:14, schrieb Markus Oley:
> Hi Tom,
> thank you for your answer, I'll take a look at efxclipse
>
>
Re: What UI-classes to use, if I want to use a JavaFX-Renderer [message #897084 is a reply to message #897081] Sat, 21 July 2012 14:07 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5330
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
.... and now the tutorial is online as well. See
http://www.efxclipse.org/tut4.html

Tom

Am 21.07.12 15:36, schrieb Tom Schindl:
> I've just released 0.1.0 and write a tutorial on how to bootstrap an
> e4-javafx application.
>
> Tom
>
> Am 21.07.12 15:14, schrieb Markus Oley:
>> Hi Tom,
>> thank you for your answer, I'll take a look at efxclipse
>>
>>
>
Previous Topic:Exporting an eclipse 4 project
Next Topic:Dependency injection of fields
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Sep 21 20:16:44 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02843 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software