Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » Own Demo with ECF Generic Container does not work
Own Demo with ECF Generic Container does not work [message #895379] Thu, 12 July 2012 15:48 Go to next message
Timo Rohrberg is currently offline Timo RohrbergFriend
Hello everybody,

on the way to get my own client/server software project to use the Eclipse Communication Framework, I tried to build my own demo project based on the org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.* bundles contained in the ECF sources. Unfortunately, even after a full day of tests and research, I cannot get it to run.

Attached you can find a ZIP-file containing my three demo bundles. To reproduce the problem, extract them into a fresh workspace with a target platform configured that contains the ECF Remote Service Target Components. Then run the server and the client using the provided launch configurations.

In exactly the same way, I am executing the org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.host and org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.client with the "zeroconf, generic" product configuration and they work. Within one Eclipse workspace, or even from two separately running Eclipse instances with their own workspaces.

I already checked the list of plugins in the launch configuration and cannot find any difference compared to the example projects.

Right now, I am close to giving up and appreciate any hint that you might have for me...

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Timo Rohrberg
Re: Own Demo with ECF Generic Container does not work [message #940514 is a reply to message #895379] Thu, 11 October 2012 18:05 Go to previous message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Hi Timo,

To investigate/move this forward, please open a bug here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=ECF

and attach/upload the demo_projects.zip to that bug.

Another thing you could do is to describe (on a comment associated with the new bug) what the differences are between your projects and the examples, as the examples are known to work.

Thanks...we will try to get your example working.

Scott
Previous Topic:how to cancel remote async call?
Next Topic:Who use ECF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:47:41 GMT 2024