Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Editable Chart in BIRT doc file(Not able to edit chart in BIRT doc file)
Editable Chart in BIRT doc file [message #895330] Thu, 12 July 2012 13:11 Go to next message
Nitin Sharma is currently offline Nitin Sharma
Messages: 9
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Dear All,

I have a requirement where I need to edit the BIRT graph (chart) when exported to doc file (MS Word). The problem is that the chart successfully loads in my doc file but comes up as a non-editable image. I dont find a way to dynamically change the numbers in this chart. Although I can change the data in the corresponding table of this chart which is underneath. You can refer the file as attached.

Request you to please suggest a way to achieve a solution to my problem. I would really appreciate your help if you can attach an example also.

Thanks,
Nitin
  • Attachment: Metrics.docx
    (Size: 104.25KB, Downloaded 107 times)
Re: Editable Chart in BIRT doc file [message #895404 is a reply to message #895330] Thu, 12 July 2012 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Nitin,

This is not supported in the current release of BIRT.

Jason

On 7/12/12 9:11 AM, Nitin Sharma wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a requirement where I need to edit the BIRT graph (chart) when exported to doc file (MS Word). The problem is that the chart successfully loads in my doc file but comes up as a non-editable image. I dont find a way to dynamically change the numbers in this chart. Although I can change the data in the corresponding table of this chart which is underneath. You can refer the file as attached.
>
> Request you to please suggest a way to achieve a solution to my problem. I would really appreciate your help if you can attach an example also.
>
> Thanks,
> Nitin
>
Re: Editable Chart in BIRT doc file [message #895477 is a reply to message #895404] Fri, 13 July 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Sharma is currently offline Nitin Sharma
Messages: 9
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Thanks for replying Jason. Any idea by which BIRT release this issue would be addressed? Also is there a workaround to address my problem?

Thanks,
Nitin
Re: Editable Chart in BIRT doc file [message #896032 is a reply to message #895477] Tue, 17 July 2012 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

The emitters I know of that do something with the chart currently do not
emit editable charts, just images.

Jason

On 7/13/2012 4:40 AM, Nitin Sharma wrote:
> Thanks for replying Jason. Any idea by which BIRT release this issue
> would be addressed? Also is there a workaround to address my problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Nitin
Re: Editable Chart in BIRT doc file [message #896033 is a reply to message #896032] Tue, 17 July 2012 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

BTW you may want to open a bugzilla request for this.

Jason

On 7/16/2012 10:33 PM, Jason Weathersby wrote:
> The emitters I know of that do something with the chart currently do not
> emit editable charts, just images.
>
> Jason
>
> On 7/13/2012 4:40 AM, Nitin Sharma wrote:
>> Thanks for replying Jason. Any idea by which BIRT release this issue
>> would be addressed? Also is there a workaround to address my problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nitin
>
>
Re: Editable Chart in BIRT doc file [message #896137 is a reply to message #896033] Tue, 17 July 2012 11:58 Go to previous message
Nitin Sharma is currently offline Nitin Sharma
Messages: 9
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Thanks for the reply Jason!! Really appreciate.
Previous Topic:Extending the BIRT viewer?
Next Topic:BIRT 4.2 Default Value for Dataset Input parameter is not working
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 02 04:49:35 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06725 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software