Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Android - Black background issue in Graphical layout of main.xml file in Eclipse 3.7.2(Android development, layout xml file view trouble)
Android - Black background issue in Graphical layout of main.xml file in Eclipse 3.7.2 [message #894911] Wed, 11 July 2012 04:45 Go to next message
Rahul Jordan is currently offline Rahul JordanFriend
under the Graphical layout view i am not able to see the black background screen with buttons and textbox on it,like in this image.
index.php/fa/10657/0/

rather i am getting the dull background of windows and buttons and textbox are just shown as text not simulating like a buttonicon
the screenshot for the same is attached
if u can see or else download it to view
index.php/fa/10656/0/

I am using ADT 20.0.0 ECLIPSE 3.7.2. and targetting android 1.6 apis(just to begin)
i am just creating the simple hello converter program

also the palette view is different , i knwo it changes frequently but i want this type of view ..
Also i have updated just about everything and use to Clean and refresh project
  • Attachment: 1.JPG
    (Size: 48.35KB, Downloaded 1093 times)
  • Attachment: 5.JPG
    (Size: 47.09KB, Downloaded 1364 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 11 July 2012 04:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Android - Black background issue in Graphical layout of main.xml file in Eclipse 3.7.2 [message #895069 is a reply to message #894911] Wed, 11 July 2012 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 7/10/2012 10:45 PM, Rahul Jordan wrote:
> under the Graphical layout view i am not able to see the black background screen with buttons and textbox on it,like in this image.
>
>
> rather i am getting the dull background of windows and buttons and textbox are just shown as text not simulating like a buttonicon
> the screenshot for the same is attached
> if u can see or else download it to view
>
>
> I am using ADT 20.0.0 ECLIPSE 3.7.2. and targetting android 1.6 apis(just to begin)
> i am just creating the simple hello converter program

This isn't an Android support forum. Please find one and ask your
question there.
Re: Android - Black background issue in Graphical layout of main.xml file in Eclipse 3.7.2 [message #895087 is a reply to message #895069] Wed, 11 July 2012 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahul Jordan is currently offline Rahul JordanFriend
Russell Bateman wrote on Wed, 11 July 2012 11:13
On 7/10/2012 10:45 PM, Rahul Jordan wrote:
> under the Graphical layout view i am not able to see the black background screen with buttons and textbox on it,like in this image.
>
>
> rather i am getting the dull background of windows and buttons and textbox are just shown as text not simulating like a buttonicon
> the screenshot for the same is attached
> if u can see or else download it to view
>
>
> I am using ADT 20.0.0 ECLIPSE 3.7.2. and targetting android 1.6 apis(just to begin)
> i am just creating the simple hello converter program

This isn't an Android support forum. Please find one and ask your
question there.

the problem is about ECLIPSE, and not android ..the problem is related to some settings or views or integration which eclipse might require to run android based programming or java program..i asked here because i was adviced to upgrade to JUNO from INDIGO so i thought to clarify it here d best place to discuss eclipse related issues i think...
Re: Android - Black background issue in Graphical layout of main.xml file in Eclipse 3.7.2 [message #895117 is a reply to message #895087] Wed, 11 July 2012 18:07 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The Android development tools run on top of Eclipse. They use frameworks provided by Eclipse, but the problem you have is with an Android tool. Google writes and supports those tools. You need to ask them for support.
Previous Topic:import and convert
Next Topic:Search in JFace TreeViewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:47:31 GMT 2024