Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Software Engineer III, Java, Eclipse Plugin Dev, Direct Hire, Dallas, Texas
|Software Engineer III, Java, Eclipse Plugin Dev, Direct Hire, Dallas, Texas [message #894666]
||Tue, 10 July 2012 04:06
| Jag Per
Registered: July 2012
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
• Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging, testing and modification of computer applications for processing of telephony calls and other interactions in call center and self-service environments.
• Using current programming language and Convergys technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
• May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, and general instructions on new assignments.
• Upholds all Convergys quality standards and software development processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or a related field from a college or university with five to eight years related experience;
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Good communication skills required, including ability to prepare and present results of research and analysis, verbally and in writing.
• Good overall understanding of software design and development.
• Takes initiative to maintain and increase technical knowledge.
• Ability to present oneself in a professional manner at all times.
• Ability to interact effectively with management.
• Required programming skills:
• Strongly preferred skills:
o Eclipse plugin development
• Additional preferred skills:
o XML, XSLT
o Web protocols, HTTP, REST
o Web services implementation, WSDL, Axis
o Web UI development
o Grails and Groovy
o JUnit, QFTest
o Database programming experience SQL, Hibernate, NoSQL
o Agile process experience, e.g. SCRUM.
o Telecommunication or Call Center software experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
[Updated on: Tue, 26 August 2014 15:25]
Report message to a moderator
Current Time: Sun Oct 23 06:15:53 GMT 2016
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01929 seconds