|MySQL table access [message #893322]
||Tue, 03 July 2012 10:35
| Nathan Reed
Registered: June 2012
New install of EDT
MySQL DB & Workbench
I have used the MySQL workbench to create a simple table (processormaster) with a few columns in a schema named pinstruc.
I have finally been able to establish a connection via the Deployment Descriptor. I can ping with success. In the SQL Database Binding I have selected "Use A Connection Profile" and selected the one and only profile i have created.
When I try to create a record part or a service part the wizard forces me select a connection. I select the only connection I have created. It then wants me to select a table. The table I have created does not show. It shows no tables.
I have opened the Database Development perspective to try and discover my issue. I can see my connection and I can ping successfully. I see the schema I created (PINSTRUC). But my table does not appear. No tables appear.
In the data source explorer I see the following hierarchy:
New MYSQL (my connection)
PINSTRUC (I assume this is the database? I must have created this but do not recall doing it.)
PINSTRUC (I created this Schema)
In the MySQL workbench I am able to use a connection to access schema pinstruc and can open table processormaster.
I am out of things to check. Can anyone offer suggestions as to what my problem is?
|Re: MySQL table access [message #894026 is a reply to message #893497]
||Fri, 06 July 2012 08:33
| Richard Moulton
Registered: August 2011
Location: Devon, UK
Hi Nathan, |
Sorry for the delay in getting back, I've not been monitoring the forum for updates. There's probably a setting somewhere that allows email notifications to be sent through for post updates.
Anyway, I've outlined below method that I've just tested and works for me. My guess is that your URL is wrong, note that the database name on the back end of the URL.
Let me know how you get on.
- Create a new workspace
- Switch to the database development perspective
- Click the new connection profile button
- Select connection profile type of MySQL, enter a name and click next
- Click the new driver definition button
- Select name/type of MySQL JDBC Driver 5.0, click the JAR List tab, click edit Jar/Zip and point to the mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar file
- Back in the new connection profile wizard, on the general tab I enter my database name, url, user name and password, click the test connection button and get the success panel, click ok and click finish
In my case I enter the following ...
- My connection profile is then displayed under the database connections folder
- I can now double click on the connection profile to see my database (mydatabase), when I double click on this and then double click on schemas I can see my schema (mydatabase), double clicking on this and then tables shows me my list of tables
- My understanding is that database and schema are one and the same in MySQL
- Within the data source explorer view if I then select mydatabase and click the open scrapbook button I can then enter and excute the following command and it does create a table ... create table test (id int)
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.08664 seconds