Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Problem running OSGI in eclipse (-dev mode)
Problem running OSGI in eclipse (-dev mode) [message #892543] Thu, 28 June 2012 14:55 Go to next message
Elena Perez is currently offline Elena PerezFriend
Hi

I'm having some problems in a small OSGI project.
In one of the bundles I install and start programatically another bundle that wasn't installed before.
Nevertheless, when I run the project in Eclipse, jumps a ClassNot FoundException in the implementation of the bundle.
I believe it's because Eclipse automatically starts the project with a -dev parameter (development mode) pointing at dev.properties file where it specifies the bin folder where it builds each bundle. Obviously this dev.properties file created by Eclipse doesn't include the bundle I'll install later.
Is there any way to disable the dev mode when running with an OSGI configuration in Eclipse or, at least, to use a customized dev.properties file (eclipse creates and uses one created automatically and that updates everytime we try to run)?

Thank you

Elena
Re: Problem running OSGI in eclipse (-dev mode) [message #892783 is a reply to message #892543] Fri, 29 June 2012 16:20 Go to previous message
Elena Perez is currently offline Elena PerezFriend
The problem is when I try to start a bundle programmatically like this:

public void charge(String location){
try {
bundle2= bundleContext.installBundle(location);
bundle2.start();
} catch (BundleException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

the bundle installs without problems but when it tries to start jumps a classNotFoundException for the implementation of the bundle I just installed. The same thing happens when I try to do the same thing in the osgi console.

Is there any way to fix this problem? It can be other thing beside the dev.properties file?

Thank you

Elena
Previous Topic:Equinox console "log" command?
Next Topic:Launching Equinox via srvany.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:22:20 GMT 2024