Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Beginner Question(Resolving osgi.bundle from rmap)
Beginner Question [message #892323] Wed, 27 June 2012 13:45 Go to next message
Yan Periard is currently offline Yan Periard
Messages: 11
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

UPDATE: I had to remove all links to be able to post, I replaced them with ...

I just started learning about buckminster, and I am encountering an issue which I believe should be pretty basic.

I have setup 3 different eclipse projects

A feature: com.ixiasoft.test.buckminster.feature
A plugin : com.ixiasoft.test.buckminster (required from the feature)
A standard Java Project: com.ixiasoft.utils (to illustrate a source library that will be built as a jar for example.)

I have added a buckminster.cspec file to the com.ixiasoft.utils project so that it can be resolved.

My cquery and rmap are able to resolve the feature/plugin but the "library" is not found. " ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component com.ixiasoft.utils:osgi.bundle was found in searchPath resource"

Now I am pretty sure I did something funky, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Here are my cquery, rmap, and cspec files I am using. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks for all the help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery xmlns:cq="...//www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0" resourceMap="file:/C:/Users/periardy/buckminster/buckminster/com.ixiasoft.eclipse.dita-cms.rmap">
<cq:rootRequest name="com.ixiasoft.eclipse.test.buckminster.feature" componentType="eclipse.feature"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

<!-- RMAP -->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rmap
....
<!-- Place your RMAP content here -->

<!-- Is this really required? As this is the same as the default one? -->
<searchPath name="resource">
<provider
readerType="svn"
componentTypes="osgi.bundle,buckminster"
source="true">
<uri
format="{0}/trunk/{1}?moduleAfterTag&amp;moduleAfterBranch">
<bc:propertyRef key="svn.root"/>
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
</uri>
</provider>
</searchPath>

<searchPath name="default">
<provider
readerType="svn"
componentTypes="eclipse.feature,osgi.bundle,buckminster"
source="true">
<uri
format="{0}/trunk/{1}?moduleAfterTag&amp;moduleAfterBranch">
<bc:propertyRef key="svn.root"/>
<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
</uri>
</provider>
</searchPath>

<!-- This works with the test feature -->
<locator searchPathRef="default" pattern="^com\.ixiasoft\.eclipse\.test\.buckminster" />

<!-- The standard eclipse project com.ixiasoft.utils is never found from SVN, why? -->
<!-- When the com.ixiasoft.utils project has been previously checked out, in the workspace, then it works; why? -->
<locator searchPathRef="resource" pattern="^com\.ixiasoft\.utils.*" />

<property key="svn.root" value="...svn.foo.local/svn/dita-cms" />
</rmap>

<!-- cspec in the com.ixiasoft.utils project -->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cs:cspec xmlns:cs="...//www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CSpec-1.0" name="com.ixiasoft.utils" componentType="osgi.bundle"/>
Re: Beginner Question [message #892376 is a reply to message #892323] Wed, 27 June 2012 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yan Periard is currently offline Yan Periard
Messages: 11
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Some updates to this,

Still no success...

I have simplified my use case, to a direct osgi.bundle resolution.

I have one java project com.ixiasoft.utils with a cspec in it, to give it a name.

And I changed my cquery to point to it,

The error returned is now the following

ERROR [0001] : No component named com.ixiasoft.utils:osgi.bundle is known to Buckminster
Errors and Warnings
E [0001] : No component named com.ixiasoft.utils:osgi.bundle is known to Buckminster

I still believe my rmap is to blame,

thanks for any pointers.
Re: Beginner Question [message #892390 is a reply to message #892376] Wed, 27 June 2012 22:53 Go to previous message
Yan Periard is currently offline Yan Periard
Messages: 11
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I seem to have found it, it was due to a difference in the naming of the project itself versus the svn naming. I suppose my locator regex was too constrained to make it work. I am still playing with it to see if I can make a dependency without renaming a legacy project.
Previous Topic:Eclipse-SourceReferences
Next Topic:Buckminster plans for Eclipse Juno (4.2)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Aug 21 04:14:28 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01639 seconds