I want to update my application when new version is vailable. My application is developed in RCP. I have got to know that using p2 install and update is possible. However there are few queries which i wanted to know about:
1. Is this update secured?
2. Is it possible to install older version from newer version, if needed?
3. Apart from plugin features can I deliver some other files (XML and txt) with update?
4. Is it possible to prompt user for his confirmation, before updating such files (XML and txt).
Please let me know if p2 is appropriate for above need or is there any other way to achive it.
1. I need Encyption and Authentication for secure download.
2. I see option 'Show all version of available software' in Prefrence -> Install/Update. I hope this will show older versions and help to install them.
3. So, its not possible to update other files (XML and txt)?