|RCP p2 updates require -clean [message #891068]
||Sat, 23 June 2012 19:11
| Timothy Vogel
Registered: July 2009
I'm having problems with users having to use -clean after installing a p2 update to an RCP application. I was hoping someone could give me some pointers.|
- RCP application with multiple plugins.
- All plugins have a version ending in .qualifier.
- When I create an update, I change the version of the product only, relying on .qualifier to handle the plugins. I upload the repository created.
- Users choose the standard p2 menu choice Check for Updates.
- The updates are applied, the user is prompted to restart and the version of the product has been updated.
- Changed / new functionality is not available after restart.
- The user restarts with -clean as a command line parameter and the functionality works.
- Using an agile development approach so updates are currently at least once per day to the business users who are experiencing the issue.
Thanks for taking time to read and think about my issue!
P.S. cross posted after a week with no answer on p2 forums
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01682 seconds