Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT Table - Performance
icon9.gif  SWT Table - Performance [message #890318] Thu, 21 June 2012 22:27 Go to next message
Heiß Michael is currently offline Heiß MichaelFriend
Hi all,

I am currently investigating a serious performance problem that we are having with an SWT table. Here is a short overview what we are doing:

*) Table is created with SWT.Virtual flag.
*) The SWT.SetData listener prepares and stores the data in the TableItem so that the renderes can access the cached data.
*) The SWT.Erase listener draws the custom background
*) The SWT.Paint listener draws the custom content using a shared TextLayout

With a table with more than 100 columns we are seeing serious performance problems when scrolling horizontally or when resizing a single table column. Every time i am scrolling horizontally the whole table is re-rendered which is, when having a large amount of columns, very expensive. I would expect that only the visible columns (about 10 to 15) are re-rendered and the rest is ignored as they are out of the visible area.

Getting paint event for only the visible number of rows but for ALL column.... Is this the desired behavior? Or is there any chance to detect which columns are visible and then exclude the others from the rendering?

Regards,
Michael

(Eclipse 3.7.1 / Windows 7x64)

[Updated on: Sat, 23 June 2012 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SWT Table - Performance [message #890653 is a reply to message #890318] Fri, 22 June 2012 19:10 Go to previous message
Heiß Michael is currently offline Heiß MichaelFriend
Have found some related bugzilla entries: (Sorry i am not allowed to post correct links)

attps://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=271758
attps://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=281096

Seems to be a bug in the SWT implementation.
Previous Topic:Aligment in a TableViewer
Next Topic:Update TableViewer with event from a Job
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:55:40 GMT 2024