Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Issue with remote debugging in python IDE(Remote debugginh gets invoked in eclipse based python IDE only once if fired in loop)
Issue with remote debugging in python IDE [message #889992] Wed, 20 June 2012 13:52
Shubhendu Tripathi is currently offline Shubhendu TripathiFriend
I have setup python IDE in Eclipse 3.7. This IDE is downloaded from www.eclipse.org as part of full eclipse bundle for version 3.7.
I am using a python program to send the debugging request to the same IDE in loop.

First lap of debugging request is received in IDE and it gets debugged properly.
But once the first lap is over, the second lap onwards request does not come to IDE at all, and it hangs.

Similar issue I am facing with my custom IDE developed for a proprietary script language also. Here I am sending a debug request using a command line tool in a loop. Here also only first lap debugging goes through and second lap onwards the request does not even reach the IDE.

The "netstat" run (on the machine where IDE is installed) shows that after first lap a debug program is still listening on the port mentioned for remote debugging. But during second lap onwards the request does not even reach the same IDE at all.

Kindly suggest if its a limitation with DBGP or some configurations are required to be enabled.

Regards,
Shubhendu
Previous Topic:TCL Templates (Snippets) not working
Next Topic:Change path delimiter (from "\" to "/") in resolved relative paths
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:32:15 GMT 2024