Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Activity Diagram - Decision Node - Decision Input(MDT/UML2 Tools)
Activity Diagram - Decision Node - Decision Input [message #889935] Wed, 20 June 2012 09:59 Go to next message
Klaus Täger is currently offline Klaus TägerFriend
Hi there,

I'm busy creating Activity Diagrams with Eclipse's UML2 Tools editor.

In general I couldn't find a detailed description of the tool and more specific:
Within a Decision Node, I'm not able to set an expression (or anything else, for that matter) to be evaluated in its Decision Input field. Everything I enter is refused and generates the error "Cannot find element with name <name of the element>".
(Why is it expecting an element and not throwing something like "could not evaluate expression"?)
I defined a class diagram with a class and an instantiation of that class within the same project to use the object in the expression but still get the same error message.

Can somebody give me a hint, please?

Thanks in advance,

Klaus
Re: Activity Diagram - Decision Node - Decision Input [message #1006703 is a reply to message #889935] Fri, 01 February 2013 13:50 Go to previous message
annie 84 is currently offline annie 84Friend
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone already solved this issue. I am having the same problem. It is not clear how to attach a condition with the conditional node inside the UML activity diagram using UML2 tools.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Ann
Previous Topic:UML2 Groovy - Opinions
Next Topic:Generating a UML-Component: How to add a requiered/provided Interface to a Port ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:46:48 GMT 2024