Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » storing enabled/disabled state of widgets
storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #118566] Mon, 26 November 2007 07:27 Go to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi All,

How and where AGR stores the enabled/disabled state of all widgets?

Pushparaj.
Re: storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #118600 is a reply to message #118566] Mon, 26 November 2007 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The AGR does not store the state of widgets. What is the context of your
question?

Paul
"Pushparaj" <pushparaj_94@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:737ac61dd23b5b51f80d80eab41d59f0$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi All,
>
> How and where AGR stores the enabled/disabled state of all widgets?
>
> Pushparaj.
>
Re: storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #118617 is a reply to message #118600] Mon, 26 November 2007 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Paul,

I am recording the user events in my dialog. In my dialog i has two text
fields and one button. Initially the button will be disabled state. It
will be enabled only if other two fields has some values. I am not facing
any problem at the time of recording but while running the test case i am
getting following error message,

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Line 20: The Create Instance Tree
button
appears to be disabled.



Pushparaj
Re: storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #118635 is a reply to message #118617] Mon, 26 November 2007 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Wiskow is currently offline Matthias Wiskow
Messages: 25
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Pushparaj,

from my user experience:
- make sure that during test execution values are entered into the two
fields. Don't rely on some automagic fill-in.
- perhaps test execution is faster than changing of the button state.
Inserting a "wait" command before the "click button" command may help.

HTH,
Matthias

Pushparaj wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I am recording the user events in my dialog. In my dialog i has two text
> fields and one button. Initially the button will be disabled state. It
> will be enabled only if other two fields has some values. I am not
> facing any problem at the time of recording but while running the test
> case i am getting following error message,
>
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Line 20: The Create Instance
> Tree button appears to be disabled.
>
>
>
> Pushparaj
>
Re: storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #118731 is a reply to message #118635] Wed, 28 November 2007 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thanks Mathias. I would assume it is the second issue.

PS
"Matthias Wiskow" <matthias.wiskow@windriver.com> wrote in message
news:fiei3p$q8e$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi Pushparaj,
>
> from my user experience:
> - make sure that during test execution values are entered into the two
> fields. Don't rely on some automagic fill-in.
> - perhaps test execution is faster than changing of the button state.
> Inserting a "wait" command before the "click button" command may help.
>
> HTH,
> Matthias
>
> Pushparaj wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I am recording the user events in my dialog. In my dialog i has two text
>> fields and one button. Initially the button will be disabled state. It
>> will be enabled only if other two fields has some values. I am not facing
>> any problem at the time of recording but while running the test case i am
>> getting following error message,
>>
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Line 20: The Create Instance Tree
>> button appears to be disabled.
>>
>>
>>
>> Pushparaj
>>
Re: storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #118910 is a reply to message #118731] Mon, 03 December 2007 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pushparaj is currently offline Pushparaj
Messages: 62
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

How to insert the wait command?

Pushparaj
Re: storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #118963 is a reply to message #118910] Tue, 04 December 2007 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Wiskow is currently offline Matthias Wiskow
Messages: 25
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
You can do it either during recording or afterwards by editing the script.

1. Edit the script
Insert one of the following statements:
<command type="wait"/>
or
<command type="wait" time-to-wait="2000"/>
(force AGR to wait for "2000" milliseconds)

2. During recording
In the Recording Control, enable "Wait Time Recording" by pressing the
hour glass icon.
This will cause AGR to automatically insert wait commands with actual
time-to-wait values.

Matthias

Pushparaj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to insert the wait command?
>
> Pushparaj
>
Re: storing enabled/disabled state of widgets [message #119014 is a reply to message #118910] Tue, 04 December 2007 11:41 Go to previous message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul Slauenwhite
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
See
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/documents/userguides/Intro- Auto-GUI-4-4-0.html#2.5

"Pushparaj" <pushparaj_94@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:efbe4a488badbf736b3864017c3b70fa$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> How to insert the wait command?
>
> Pushparaj
>
Previous Topic:proxy recorder _not_ listening to port1080
Next Topic:TPTP Auto GUI recorder article
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Sep 18 07:56:55 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04630 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software