Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Question compartments
Question compartments [message #888715] Mon, 18 June 2012 14:27 Go to next message
Matthias N is currently offline Matthias NFriend
Hi, I have a question about compartments.

I can't figure out why to use compartments. I found the definition "Compartments are a sort of graphical containers that can contain nodes or other containers".

That makes sense to me, but when I have a Top Node Reference, I can add multiple "Child References" to display elements within the Top Node Reference. So, why do I need compartments, what are they good for ?!

This question may seems trivial for you, but I really don't get the clue.

Thanks
Re: Question compartments [message #888725 is a reply to message #888715] Mon, 18 June 2012 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

it will help you have to have separated containers inside the same figure. Each containers can contain different kind of element.
Sample: I want to represent a classroom.
A top node which is a class. Inside 2 compartments for 2 kinds of element: 1 for materials (I will put nodes for desk, chair, whiteboard and more) and one for Human (I will put the master and every children). So you will have in the same figure (the class), 2 compartments (materials/Human) in order to separate two types of elements.

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: Question compartments [message #888728 is a reply to message #888725] Mon, 18 June 2012 14:49 Go to previous message
Matthias N is currently offline Matthias NFriend
But wouldn't it work without the compartments ?! I could simply add 2 Child References to materials and human respectively.

Previous Topic:TextDirectEditManager giving old value
Next Topic:Delete from model/diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:26:24 GMT 2024