Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Call Javascript From Report Drill Down
Call Javascript From Report Drill Down [message #886174] Thu, 14 June 2012 11:36 Go to next message
karvesh ghunsam is currently offline karvesh ghunsamFriend
Dear All,

I am using PHP and Javabridge. I have a master report that can drill down to other reports. I have created the drill down by using the default BIRT MouseClick>Hyperlink and then Drill through options as shown in the screen shot a.png

index.php/fa/10297/0/

I want to be able to open the drill down report in another tab from my javascript library (dhtmlx). I thought of calling a javacript function instead of using the Hyperlink option (screen shot: 2.png).

index.php/fa/10298/0/

The function can thus create a new javascript tab (screen shot 3.png) and then call the php file with the parameters to create the drill down report.

index.php/fa/10299/0/

However, i cannot access the row["value"] of the series value clicked on. Can anyone propose me a better solution for that if any?

Thanking you in advance...

Karvesh
  • Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 62.46KB, Downloaded 1561 times)
  • Attachment: 2.png
    (Size: 50.19KB, Downloaded 1682 times)
  • Attachment: 3.png
    (Size: 12.46KB, Downloaded 1182 times)
Re: Call Javascript From Report Drill Down [message #886333 is a reply to message #886174] Thu, 14 June 2012 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

First off the setup looks really nice :> Take a look at this post:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2010/05/more-on-chart-interactivity.html

What you probably want is the valueData field.

Jason

On 6/14/2012 7:36 AM, karvesh Mising name wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am using PHP and Javabridge. I have a master report that can drill down to other reports. I have created the drill down by using the default BIRT MouseClick>Hyperlink and then Drill through options as shown in the screen shot a.png
>
>
>
> I want to be able to open the drill down report in another tab from my javascript library (dhtmlx). I thought of calling a javacript function instead of using the Hyperlink option (screen shot: 2.png).
>
>
>
> The function can thus create a new javascript tab (screen shot 3.png) and then call the php file with the parameters to create the drill down report.
>
>
>
> However, i cannot access the row["value"] of the series value clicked on. Can anyone propose me a better solution for that if any?
>
> Thanking you in advance...
>
> Karvesh
Re: Call Javascript From Report Drill Down [message #886769 is a reply to message #886333] Fri, 15 June 2012 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karvesh ghunsam is currently offline karvesh ghunsamFriend
Dear Jason,

Thanks a lot! It is working fine..

I had to do parent.MyJsFunction in order to get access to my function from my file..

Thanks

Karvesh
Re: Call Javascript From Report Drill Down [message #886846 is a reply to message #886769] Fri, 15 June 2012 18:00 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Thanks for updating.

Jason

On 6/15/2012 11:44 AM, karvesh Mising name wrote:
> Dear Jason,
>
> Thanks a lot! It is working fine..
>
> I had to do parent.MyJsFunction in order to get access to my function
> from my file..
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Karvesh
Previous Topic:How to import (include) new font in BIRT?
Next Topic:Runtime parameter issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:26:53 GMT 2024